Chapter I

I made it through two years without Asuka and now high school was here. I never talked to anyone ever since Asuka left. I never really knew the reason to be honest. The morning bell ringed and I went to class which was Civics. I didn't bother looking at my locker number on my schedule sheet because I wouldn't even use it anyways. I walked to Civics looking straight where I am headed. I made it to class and took a seat next to a guy wearing a somewhat blue sweater and glasses.

He saw me looking at him, "Hey, I'm Hanate. Hanate Hayabusa. I'm a freshman and I just moved here," he told me. "Anyway, what's your name?" 

"Well, uh, I'm Zar Ichi. I'm a freshman too." I mumbled out. Hanate notice that I was pretty shy. 

"Anyway it's nice to meet you, Hanate." I'm pretty sure I sounded confident that time. I looked straight towards the teacher. Class ended and so did the others and lunch finally kick in. I grabbed a tray and picked up the foods I wanted. No one seem to notice me anyway so I sat alone a round table of four chairs.

"Hey Zar! Mind if I sit here?" Hanate asked and caught my attention. I didn't expect him to come here.

"Sure, don't ask just sit." I smiled.

"So, how is the school so far for you?" he asked. I could see that Hanate was a talkative person but friendly.

I didn't want to be rude so I answered him honestly. "It's not bad. How about you, are you enjoying yet?"

"I think it's pretty cool! Theres many technology and the building is really wide. Oh before I forget, there is this one cute girl" He explained. Hanate started to eat his food. Hanate certainly has a great manner for eating food because he was quiet and a pretty fast eater too.

Once he's done he looked at me and noticed I have only ate twenty five percent of my food. Hanate tried to cheer me like a friend would have. "Let's hang out after school and become friends, you know?"

Friends? It's been quite some time that I don't have a friend. I didn't know how to reply. I suddenly said "Sure. Where we going to hang out at? Besides I need to let my Aunt know." I told Hanate. Hanate nodded understanding what I mean. The bell rung after I said that to Hanate. We went separate ways to our class.

School ended and I pretty much got a bunch of homework to do already. I met up with Hanate after school at the main side of the building. Hanate was checking on his phone next to his green mongoose bmx when I was coming out.

"There you are! I thought you ditching me," Hanate said. "Let's go to somewhere we can talk. I'll race you to a park near my new house." Hanate set down his board and skated ahead with a head start. "Catch up, Snail!"

"Alright." I called out. I turn around and pull out a small four by four, flat black metallic, wood looking box. Suddenly on both the sides of the black metallic box grew longer like a skateboard. In the middle of the board had a symbol. The symbol was teal with two triangles, one facing backwards overlapping each other and in the middle of the two triangles, were a eclipse. The whole board was metallically black but it had a few teal colored parallel lines. I threw it at the ground and got ontop of it. I pushed myself and use my right foot to help. I rapidly pushed with my right foot and left. Eventually, I catched up to Hanate.

"Wow! Where did you get that? Aren't you fast..." Hanate was surprised.

"I made the board for your information. And no, I'm not that fast." I lied in order to make sure he doesn't feel bad.

Hanate somehow seem like he read my mind. " Well dang, that board is sick! Also, it's okay, snail. If you have a talent, show the world because no one's jealous, you know," Hanate explained grinning.

I looked away to ignore and to watch for traffic and pedestrians.I rode faster and we finally made it to the park.

"That's my house, Zar." He pointed at a blue house across the road. I look at where he was pointing to and nodded. We setting our rides next to a tree and we sat at a table. "It's pretty quiet and peaceful here in Ikonou. Which is not what I anticipated. Zar, you alright?" He must asked because I was being a too much like a mute.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for asking. So uh, what's your reason for moving here to Ikonou?" I quickly intercepted, in case he started to wonder about my personal information.

Hanate pulled out a water bottle out of his nike backpack. He then squirted some water into his mouth because his face was sweating like heck. From what I observed, Hanate was pedaling his bike pretty fast to try to keep pace with me. He noticed me studying him and also that I barely sweat.

"It's weird how you don't even sweat at all. I mean no offense but you're like an alien who has this cool board and doesn't sweat. Anyway, you want a drink?" He offered. Hanate was catching his breath. After I shooked my head he put the water bottle away. He looked at me. "Dude thanks for an awesome first day in Ikonou. I noticed you have some depression or whatsoever. You can tell me what's wrong, man." he held out his hands to shook.

"Its that obvious, huh?" I was shocked but kept a sturdy tone. "It's been two years since I talked to someone." I can't believe that came out of me, but it felt surprisingly good to let out some burden buried within me. I pulled my hands out of my sweater pockets and shook his hands. Friendship, huh?

"I'm surprised. What happen? Wait it's up to you because I totally understand if you don't want to tell me." He said. Somehow, I just told him everything. The girl of my dreams. Hanate seem to understand and nodded his head every time I mention Asuka's name. I was shocked, and glad to have a friend once again. We were off to go home which by then, I once had a friend again.