Chapter II

What Hanate or anyone including my Aunt didn't know was that I've changed that day. Not only my personality, but interest, goals, and everything else. I grew interest of fighting more and more, but I don't fight back when bullied. I went from friendly and talkative into hiding and being silent. Even meeting Hanate and telling him my life, I was still the same. As usual I woke every morning to do my morning routine, brush, comb, wash, and eat, then eventually walk to high school. It happens to be that Hanate only lived a few blocks away from me, so I would go every morning to his house then straight to school.

"What's up, Zar? I heard the company is finally releasing this one game where it has a virtual gear that takes you directly into the game. The school is planning to buy at least one thousand of these gears for the students! You and me should definitely play, because I heard the-" I cutted him off. By a light punch to the hip.

"You talk too much. And sure we shall play," I said in a simpler way. Hanate smile excitedly and full of potential energy ready to burst out into kinetic.

School bell rung and we made it to class. We file a single line into the auditorium where I guess that the staff are introducing the game. I seated next to Hanate and he insisted that we should sit near the front. I obeyed. All students entering quickly came and claim their seats near front because they must be popping their heart out when they heard about the game. Only 200 students chosen out of 1400 were only here because you have to reach a certain amount of grade points and the staff chose most of the students.

"All students, grade 1 to grade 4, welcome to Myth High School! Today as some of you may or may not know, we will be starting to have classes that involved this new online virtual game, Swordsplay Universe! This game will help you develop skills to protect or defend when one is in danger and tells you how to survive the world! Please take this game seriously because it is seventy-five percent of each and everyone of your grade!" Eventually Principal Kerry went on to more depth about the game. Then they handed out every student a wristband call Auto Brain Syncer or ABS for short. The ABS is suppose to be on your wrist the whole time and it will directly be linked to your brain and take you to the virtual world, SwordsPlay Universe!

"I heard the game is like fighting and stuff which has many classes. Whatcha gonna be, Zar?" Hanate said curiously. I stared at the ceiling and tried to look like Albert Einstein thinking of a good class. Hanate noticed, "Well for your information, I'm thinking of being a ninja! Good agility and pretty sweet!" Hanate was over excited which I swear, steam was coming out of his ears. Then the girl Hanate mention was in the auditorium right in front of us by two seats. "I wonder what class is she going to be." Hanate said in a curious way.

"Whatever you want." I said back with no emotions, but behind it I can't wait to try it out either. We were instructed to put on the ABS and there was an ouch coming from everyone because it seems that a one centimeter needle was smashed inside your skin. The staff explained and everyone calmed down.

"Attention students. The ABS has a voice recognition and will recognize your voice when you say "Activate Sync". You might feel sleepy but you will then be brought into the virtual world. You students are the beta tester and everyone else will get their ABS next week. Students you may now leave the auditorium or you can stay here to test out your new device, thank you." Principal Kerry said proudly.

Hanate suddenly jerk his arm into my arm to inform me that we should be staying in the auditorium to test out our new device.

"Activate sync!" Hanate commanded.

"Activate sync!" I repeated. Suddenly my eyes closed and everything went dark, just like pure blackness. Then a female robot voice came online and explain the rules and a little bit background information about Swords Play Universe.