Chapter 15

Elentiya's giggles on the way to the training room never ceased to stop. Of course she wasn't looking forward to training, but she was happy. Happy that everything was finally falling into place. For the two years she was going to have to spend in the castle, she at least wanted to have some fun and her friendship with Hollin was most definitely fun, although he was back to his slightly annoying ways. He still called her Red, even though she returned her hair to it's unnatural silver colour a while ago. Then there was the friendly flirting, but she deemed that as one of his personal traits. She would sometimes flirt back when Castol was around; only to irritate him further.

Her relationship with Castol was even becoming more positive. You could nearly call them friends, apart from the almost constant fights: both verbal and physical, but Elentiya preferred it that way. Not because he was one of the Seven Captains of Terasan. Just purely because it meant she could taunt him much easier. Just like she had done in the early hours of the day, not too long ago.

As the two were just about to enter the training room, Castol was called over by a young guard. Elentiya leaned against the wall, staring at the two competely entertained, although she could not hear the words being exchanged.

She could instantly tell that the boy in front of Castol was younger than herself and must've been a new recruit. Especially by the way he seemed to cower under Castol's intimidating and serious gaze. Elentiya pitied the young newbie as she had already put Castol in a bitter mood. After some few minutes, Castol's lean tall figure seemed to tense upon some words that the newbie spoke. She immediately thought that topic of their chat wasn't of a good nature and her thoughts were confirmed when Castol started to rub his temples. A dead give away to when he was irked, which was usually induced by Elentiya.

She wanted to laugh at Castol's inability to hide when he felt bothered; especially when he could hide any other feelings he felt with such ease. Maybe it was Elentiya's doing. A smirk almost graced her face until Castol returned.

"Our exercises in the training room shall be delayed. We are going out for a run." Castol spoke, completely straight faced. Not revealing anything about his previous engagement.

"You are joking, right?" Elentiya scoffed, then pointed towards the large windows, opposite from the wall she was leaning on. "It's still cold. There's frost on the grass. What if I slip and break something?" Even though it was the middle of the spring season; Terasan was such a cold country. People and weather alike.

"Then I suggest you wear better shoes." He answered plainly.

"Or even worse, what if I freeze to death? And may the gods forbid I catch a cold. You said it yourself, I can't miss the Exhibition!" She then lowered he voice in an attempt to mimic Castol. "If you don't become an Elite then you will be executed."

Elentiya would've continued on with her rant, had he not blocked the source of where her words spewed out from. She glared up at him, annoyed that he would do such a thing, but he wasn't fazed at all.

"You know it is completely unattractive for a young lady to whine as much as you just have. Now go put on some more appropriate footwear. You are running with me whether you like it or not." A slight smirk emerged on Castol's face. "If you do not then I will have no choice, but to command you to the animal house, until the Exhibition starts - where we keep all of the royal family's pets and trust me they have a lot."

Elentiya shuddered in discomfort, Yuck, how did he know?

"Because every time we walk past an animal, or Hollin mentions one of his pets, you try to hide your little tremors by changing the topic or playing with your fingers... like you are right now." His smirk widened as he pulled up one of Elentiya's hands to prove his point. She had never noticed that she was finger tapping until now.