Chapter 4

Hollin and Castol watched in disgust as the young female assassin devoured her lunch, without a care in the world. Castol wondered how starved she must have been to ear in such an unmannerly way.

"Didn't I tell you not to eat that way?" Hollin enquired, "You'd think that a girl of your age would've been taught some table manners from her parents?"

Elentiya stopped guzzling anymore food and gulped; swallowing the remaining parcel of food she had in her mouth, "Forgive me Your Highness, I shall be sure to scold my parents of their terrible parenting skills the next time I visit their graves."

The two men were left stunned once again by the young female. How could one be so blunt and disrespectful, even if she was an assassin?

Elentiya had always produced such perfect poker faces for all types of situations. The men only saw an nonchalant charade, but deep down Elentiya regretted every word.

"W-what happened?" The prince just managed to project in shock. He clearly was not accustomed with death. Great, she sighed mentally, another sheltered ignorant boy.

"When I was three, they were murdered... anymore prying questions?" She asked, her tone laced with sarcasm.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're personality matches a silver tongued devil?" Castol responded, with obvious sarcasm.

"Oh plenty of times. They say it matches my hair too!" She said with fake enthusiasm, matching that of a regal airhead. She gave him a cheeky grin; savouring the rage she saw fill in his eyes. Finally she had a new mind to mess with.

***

Hollin was not one to feel like a third wheel in conversations. Courtesy to the fact he was the only Prince of Terran and all eligible ladies usually flocked over him. Everyone longed to be involved with the royal family, but not Elentiya. The assassin seemed to be immune to his charms - she was... interesting.

Watching the assassin and his friend interact was humorous, but also left the prince feeling unimportant. Almost invisible. He interrupted their silent stare-off with words that could gain the interest of almost any woman. "As you're almost done eating, how would you like to try on some new dresses? We have plenty left over since my--" The prince flushed as he realised the words he was about to utter. "Um, you can't stay in those rags forever, right"

Almost immediately after, the assassin pushed away her plate smiling, "I'm done, let's go!"

It was the first genuine emotion that had graced her face in the prince's presence and he hated to admit it but he thought it made her look quite beautiful. "Good!" He smiled back, "I can show you to your quarters now."

The walk was a long way from the dining hall and main building. He wasn't foolish enough to let her stay near the other inhabitants of the palace. He had heard countless stories about 'The Crimson Assassin'.

One in particular of how she fought and successfully beat twenty-five soldiers on her own, but back then he still thought she was a man. Thinking about it he thought it was all a bit ludicrous. It made no sense, probably rumours. Even so, he had to ask, "is it true that you killed twenty-five soldiers?"

Suddenly she stopped her gleeful skipping and turned to him with a frown etched on her face. "Where did you hear that from?"

"You know the killings in Filmi?"

"Oh that old story, no that's not true." She laughed.

He sighed with relief. It was stupid to even think that she could've possibly done what the greatest fighters of Terran could not.