Chapter 10

"I believe you promised to stop reading my mind, Cas." Hollin enquired.

"No," Castol replied, "I said I would try to stop, but it just happened; I'm tired. Anyway that's not the point-"

"Really," Hollin interrupted, "Can't this wait? Trust me there are plenty other women I'd rather be with than her."

"Exactly, you're nineteen now and you're at the age were you need to pick." Castol said.

That wasn't the answer Hollin was expecting to hear. It wasn't like Castol to interfere with the Royal business unless he had to. "Did my mother put you up to this?" he asked.

He grinned as he saw Castol massage his temples. He was such a bad liar, especially when he was tired and out of it. It made things easier for him to get away with and with the things he had done this week - he needed that.

"Yes," he yawned, as lay his head on the table. He fell asleep, which was just what Hollin had wanted.

"Cas." He said just to make sure and walked towards Elentiya's bedroom door. He couldn't tell if she had finished dressing for obvious reasons and knocked on the door.

"Just wait a second." She answered as she opened the door to find Hollin leaning on the door frame. "Oh, it's you."

"Who else would it have been?" he replied, feeling a little hurt.

"Castol... You never usually knock," she said with surprise. "So, what do you want?"

Hollin quickly thought up a scenario to feed to her. Lies were his specialty, especially off head. "Castol suddenly got called to do something important, so he told me to go ahead and take you to the training room now and he'll be there later." He lied.

Elentiya agreed easily and he led the way. Careful to avoid the kitchen, where Castol was asleep. He'd only been to the training room a few times, but that didn't mean he didn't know how to fight.

Elentiya had been patiently waiting for Castol, who seemed like he wasn't going to show up. "Are you sure he's coming?" she finally said to Hollin.

"I don't know it seemed really important, maybe he's not coming." He said. "Well, let's not waste an opportunity here, you don't have much time anyway. You're exhibition's in just less than two weeks-"

"Could you get to the point please?" she cut in, starting to look bored.

"Well, I could be your training partner for today." He said mildly.

"Fine." She responded with indifference, as she looked at the weapons. Secretly she knew she was going to enjoy this. An authorized reason for her to fight Hollin: the beloved Prince of Terasan and make a mockery of him.

"Really?" He questioned to be sure that wasn't lying.

"Well, like you said the exhibition's in less than two weeks, I can't be wasting time. Besides, they must have taught you how to at least hold a sword?" she mocked.

"Of course!" He beamed. For some strange reason he was very excited about this. She wondered whether she should go easy on him and have fun with him, or finish it quickly and find Castol so she could do some proper training.

Hollin picked up a rapier. This is going to be fun, she thought, as she picked up a rapier herself.

To Elentiya's surprise, Hollin entered an en garde position. He had obviously done this before, so it wasn't going to be that boring after all. She didn't assume the position and thrust forward at him, purposely missing him, just by an inch, she wanted to make this last just a little longer. Savour the moment of humiliating the crown prince, tripping him up as he staggered backwards and tapped him on the chest with the tip of her rapier - which was very blunt.

Hollin unnaturally drew in a quick breath as he fell to the ground. "That wasn't fair!" He whined, as he composed and picked himself up.

"Point to me and may I remind you that I am not preparing for a match. In a real fight you must do whatever you have to, to win. Winning is everything and losing could mean death." Elentiya lectured him. Just like Kaiser did with beginners.

"So, I don't have to play by the rules?" He honestly asked from across the room.

"You most certainly can, but I won't be... Ready?" She said as she returned to her original starting place.

"Ready!" Hollin said with energy and his lips curling at the ends. This time he did not take an en garde position. He felt different like, a real swordsman, unlike a few minutes ago. She quickly lunged forward with the same attack as before to test her theory.

Just as she thought, he avoided it with ease. "If you think the same attack is going to work twice on me you are clearly mistaken." He mocked as he twisted his wrists, quickly spinning his sword. "I am not the little brat you take me for."

"Really?" She sarcastically responded. She didn't believe him or didn't want to. She didn't plan on losing a fight to a noble, especially a prince.

"Yes, and I'll prove it to you! All those extra lessons with Castol won't go to waste!" He whispered, which made Elentiya twitch - remembering the fight. Then she felt rage surge threw her body when Hollin beckoned her over with a hand gesture.

A bit boring (I know), please comment :)