Part 6 - Controlling Lies

"Nimbus. Why are you here? Who tied you up? Is that blood? What happened? Where's Mary, the woman I gave you too?" CC said bringing him into a hug.

"I-it was him" Nimbus said and motioned to the door.

We all looked over at the door where a man stood holding a knife and smirking at us. He looked to be in his late thirties or early forties and had that evil vibe that the workers for my dead father have.

CC jumped up with her gun , "Who the fu-" she swallowed, "-Heck are you?"

I moved forward so I was somewhat in front of Lacey and her little brother.

"Move, Blue" I heard CC growl.

"Ah, you're Dad's little girl huh? The one who killed him" the guy said.

"And what if I am?" I said glaring at him as a clutched my gun that was at my side. My suspicions were right, he used to work with my dad. 

"We have some business to atten' to," he chuckled.

"Blue, lets get out of here" I heard CC whisper from behind me.

"I don't think none of y'all are gettin' out of here" the man said pulling out a gun.

"I know a way out," I heard Nimbus say.

I gave a nod for them to go as I watched the man carefully. If he even made a move to shoot him, I'll take the bullet for them. I can't let anyone die on my watch.

I felt a nudge from behind me.

The man in front of my fired his gun and the window behind us shattered. I heard Nimbus scream while Lacey pushed him to the ground so nothing could hit him.

"Blue let's go!" she said.

"I'll meet you at the tree house" I whispered, but loud enough so only them would hear. Then I shot at the man, but he easily dodged it.

"Promise?"

"I promise, now go!" I said and kept firing at the man. They soon left and it was only the man vs me.

"You're not affrain of dying aren't ya kid?" he said and fired his gun. He missed and I didn't even flinch. I said nothing and kept firing at him. "I'm getting tired of this," he said and shot at my stomach. I moved back from the force, but other than that I stood standing. I saw his eyes widened and I got a good shot. I shot him in the center of his forehead.

He fell to the floor dead.

I sighed and wiped the blood of my lip that I didn't even notice I coughed up from the shot.

"At least it didn't hurt," I said outloud to nobody and walked out of the building.

I was about to sprint towards the tree house when something caught my eye. There was a fire buring on top of the building. I could barely see it, but I can make out a human figure in the flames moving.

I sprinted towards the building and pushed myself to run. What if it was TJ burning up there? What if there were more of my dad's men here burning remaining citizens that managed to stay? This was horrible! Faster! I need to get there faster!

I arrived at the building and up the million stairs I went. Good thing I didn't get tired since I was dead and didn't really have to worry about that...

The thing trapped bwtween the flames was still moving and I looked around for anything to put the fire out, but I couldn't find a single thing. I just stood there looking at the flames and sighed. I sat down and pulled my knees up to my chest.

"This sucks."

"Yes it does," I heard a voice, a familiar voice.

I turned around to see TJ standing there with a smirk on his face.