Chapter 13

I turned to face Colton, he stepped towards me, standing right infront of me.

"What do you want, Colton?" I asked, looking at him, he had a blank expression.

He shook his head and sighed, "I'm sorry about what I said at the party, I was wrong about the whole situation with you and Tyler."

Wait, What?

I was stunned, Colton was apologizing. He knew about Tyler and I. Tyler must have told him about how he liked me.

Hell yeah he should be apologizing to me.

"Yeah, you were wrong Colton, you just assumed that I was trying to make you jealous," I replied, folding my arms across my chest.

"I didn't know Tyler felt that way about you, I wouldn't have assumed."

"You shouldn't have in the first place Colton, you could have asked me what was going on between me and him."

"I just thought with everything between you and I, that's what you were trying to do."

"Do you really think that of me? That I would just date your bestfriend to get back at you?"

"That's what I thought you were doing."

"Well, you were wrong Colton, your bestfriend likes me."

"I know that now." he replied. I didn't say anything.

Colton is really pissing me off, it just helps me more with my feelings for him, they're slipping away faster.

Thinking this was the end of our conversation, I turned to head up the stairs, I was tired.

"So.. ah, how was your date with Tyler?" Colton spoke, stopping me from my step.

Why the hell would he want to know?

Oh well, I would tell him exactly how it was and how much I enjoyed it. See how you like that Colton.

"It was the best date I have ever had, I really had a good night tonight."

He didn't say anything, he didn't smile, he just nodded.

"Are you and Tyler dating now?" he asked me. "Do you like Tyler?"

Even though it was our first date, I did like Tyler, I liked him enough to go on a second date.

"I do, I like Tyler and I guess we are dating now, he's taking me out again and I can't wait for it." I said smiling feeling happy.

"You don't have to worry about me after all Colton, I like Tyler and I'm going to give you the space you wanted" I said before walking up the stairs. I paused half way up the stairs, I needed to let him know.

"I guess we both got what we wished for, I don't have feelings for you anymore." I lied, but he would never know. Even though my feelings for Colton still remain, I wanted him to think I was over him, I wanted the satisfaction of him knowing that dating Tyler made me move on from him.

With that, I continued upstairs, leaving him to think of what I just said.

***

I woke up early the next day, I wanted to spend the day with Rueben. I haven't seen him all weekend so I decided to take him out for the day. Walking into his room he was still asleep, the sleepy head.

"Rueben" I called out softly, tapping him on the shoulder. He slightly moved, turning to face me, his eyes were still in a sleepy haze. He smiled up at me.

"Come on, wake up" I said to him, he stretched and rubbed his eyes before moving to get up. I helped him up.

"Let's go have some breakfast" I said reaching for his hand. I turned on the kitchen tv to Rueben's favorite cartoons that show every saturday and sunday morning. Everyone else was still asleep, so I decided to cook us all breakfast, I felt good today and I felt so happy that I wanted to be nice and make breakfast for everyone.