day thirty-seven // elise

"hey, you know what we should do today?" liam asked, popping his head into the bathroom where niall was brushing his teeth.

"hmm?"

"we should go see elise. zayn and harry need a babysitter anyway."

niall's face lights up, and he spits his toothpaste in the sink. "yeah, that's such a good idea!"

"yeah? okay, cool."

"i'll call zayn," niall says, rinsing off his toothbrush and grabbing his phone. zayn picks up on the second ring as niall pulls on his sock. "hi, zayn!"

"hey, ni," zayn laughs.

"li told me you need a babysitter today. we can watch her if you want!"

"really? you sure?"

niall rolls her eyes. "of course, zee. what time do you want us there?"

zayn checks his watch. "uh, maybe an hour or so?"

niall nods, not that zayn can see him. "okay! see you in an hour."

- - -

"uncwe wi!" niall can hear elise's delighted shriek before the door to harry and zayn's house even opens. he bursts into laughter as elise, zayn and harry's three-year-old, squishes her face against the window beside the door. "daddy! it's uncwe wi and uncwe ni-ni!"

"okay, el. back up, sweetheart, let papa open the door." harry's voice has a smile in it, fond, and elise's face disappears from the window. "hey, guys," harry laughs as elise bounds forward and wraps her arms around niall's knees.

"hey," liam chuckles, wrapping harry up in a hug as niall picks elise up.

"hey, jellybean! how ya doing?" niall asks, kissing the toddler's chubby cheeks.

"good!" elise yells back, clearly excited to see her uncles. she hasn't seen them since she was the flower girl at their wedding.

"that's good. hi, harry!" niall switches elise to his other hip so he can hug his best friend.

"zayn, you ready?" harry calls into the house. seconds later, zayn comes traipsing down the steps.

"hi, niall!" he calls, grabbing niall's head and pressing a kiss to his forehead. "hi, liam!" he grabs liam's head to do the same, but liam swats his hands away.

"you kiss me, you die," he says, and zayn just rolls his eyes.

"why are you so anti-affection?" he shakes his head. "there's my baby!" he swings elise up in his arms, straight off niall's hip, showers her face in kisses. she squeals, giggling.

"daddy, noooo!" she cries, wiggling to be put down.

"you don't like my kissies?" zayn pretends to cry.

"daddy, kidding! wove kissies! no cwy!" elise puckers her lips, kissing zayn's face a few times to make him stop "crying."

"good!" he kisses her nose a few times and hands her back to niall. "hi, husband," he says, hugging harry around the waist.

"hi," harry laughs, shaking his head. "you're so weird."

"you love me." zayn kisses harry's cheek. "you ready?"

"yep," harry says, grabbing his keys off the counter.

"ellie." zayn squats in front of his daughter, where she's playing with her toy truck. "you be good for uncle li and uncle ni, okay? say please and thank you. papa and i'll be back before you go night night, okay?"

elise nods. "i be good girw, daddy. kissies?"

he hugs his tiny baby, kissing her forehead, and harry comes and hugs her goodbye, too. when they're good, she sits on the floor playing with her truck, thumb in her mouth.

"pway?" she asks cutely, holding up her toy truck, and liam and niall lay on the floor beside her. every time liam's truck smashes into hers, she squeals with laughter. she is the sweetest, happiest baby, and niall and liam are more than happy to be her uncles. "uh-oh. potty." she gets up off the floor and toddles to the bathroom, painfully cute in her t-shirt and princess pull-up. "yaaaay!" she calls not much later, and niall helps her wash her hands while liam flushes.

"you hungry, jelly ellie?" liam asks as the toddler colors her star wars coloring book.

"yes! bwownies?"

"you can't have brownies for dinner, silly!" liam tickles her tummy. "how about nuggets, huh?"

"cawwots, too?"

"yep. dino nuggets and carrots."

elise cheers. she and niall play warriors while liam makes dinner, which is a game elise made up. it really consists of her climbing all over niall until he tickles her and she screams for mercy. liam watches them, smiling, until the timer goes off.

"come on, guys, dinner time!" liam calls, and the smile is still on his face as niall and elise race to the table.

"i won!" she yells triumphantly, and niall feigns a pout.

when zayn and harry get back, elise is extremely reluctant to let liam and niall leave. eventually they sneak out, elise sobbing as they go.

"i love that little stinker so much," niall says brightly, hand in liam's.

"i know. me, too." he lets out a happy sigh. "ni?"

"yeah?"

"let's have a baby soon."

niall's face brightens. "you serious?"

"yeah."

niall laughs. "okay."