the birthday surprise

Ray's POV

"I am not wearing this!" I yelled through the closed bedroom door. I was in the backroom changing for some surprise they had planned for me. today was my birthday and it was pretty good. I woke up early though from weird dreams about Jaime and me but I ate this morning even though it was only a few eggs but I did. and then here I was getting into a DRESS for SOMETHING. the dress was nice but still I DON’T WEAR DRESSES!

"Come on Ray let us see!" Juliet Whined outside the door.

"No" I refused to go anywhere like this. just then  I heard the door rattle and it swung open reveling all my best friends and family. Andy was the culprit holding a bobby pin in his hand.

"Ray you look Amazing!" She exclaimed excitedly. I groaned I hated dresses. she said she bought it yesterday when I wasn’t looking. it was black and green. the top was a corset top that was black and the strings in the back were lime green. it had two straps about one finger wide that were green and had a black lace over it, and there was a skull design in the lace. the bottom fell just blow my knees and had two layers, the bottom layer was a lime green silk that was very soft, and the top layer was the same skull lace that the straps had. like I said it was a nice dress but I hate wearing dresses. Juliet went to hand me a pair of small black heels and I laughed.

"You got the dress on me but there is no way in hell I am wearing those death traps." I told her and walked over to my black and green skull low tops that matched nicely, and put them on. everyone was dressed nice and I was wondering where we were going.  my thoughts got interrupted as we heard a knock on the door and Jinxx went to open it. I heard some Quiet talking and then Jinxx walked outside closing the door behind him. mhm I wonder what that was about.

Jinxx POV

we were waiting on Ray to get her shoes on before going over to the Blood on the Dance floor bus where we were holding the surprise party, the best part yet she didn’t know that BOTDF had just joined the tour for the last month. she was tying her sneakers cause she refused to wear heels with the dress and I was surprised enough that Juliet got her to keep the dress on when someone knocked at the door. I went to open it being the one closest to the door, it opened to revel Jaime.

"H-Hey Jinxx" he stuttered slightly and scratched the back of his neck, if I didn’t know any better I would say he was a bit nervous. "Can I talk to you outside please." he barely said above a whisper. I nodded my head and walked down the bus stairs closing the door behind me.

"What's up?" I asked as he looked down.

"Well I know we are celebrating Ray's Birthday tonight and I really like her and I was wondering if I could ask her out tonight when I give her my gift?" he said quickly, "I would like your permission cause Sammi's not here I figured she left you in more control with her." he glanced from the ground to me and back. I looked this man up and down, he was wearing dark blue jeans with a black button down shirt with a green design on it and a metallic green tie, as usual his hair was styled crazy but in a way that fit him, I knew how much she did like him and I hoped he liked her just as much. she really needed someone who loved  her as herself and her past, someone that wasn’t family. I looked up at him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"I know what she will say, I give you mine and Sammi's permission." I said

"Just don’t hurt her, she won't be able to handle it." he nodded with a smile on his face.

"Thank you and trust me I could never hurt my little black Raven." he said and I hugged him, he was a great guy.

"Can I come in and walk with you guys?" he asked.