Chapter 16

The last time he touched this soft skin was few days before, but it's already been too tough for himself to seeing her like this, to touching what isn't his anymore. His eyes was scanning her face, while she's snoring in her sleep with some alchohol smell was so strong. The fingertip stroked her forehead while pushed the bang that covering her eyes, his face leaning closer as he observing her face from the forehead to the neck. Then he lift her left arm to checking another part of her body, he looked at the pinky finger where was being plastered with bandaid. That's made him sighing he pulled out the new bandaid and change the dirty one with the new one.

"I told you to stop getting hurt..."

He said that to the sober Dara as she always noticed whenever she was getting drunk like that, Jiyong was always be there in the end. The reason she's always getting drunk lately because Jiyong would be there for her. She's turning her body to another side, her back was facing Jiyong. She's silently crying while shutting her eyes tightly trying to hold her tears back. "I know I hate it too being like this... being away from the one you love the most." He didn't have idea that's Dara already sober up.

Jiyong slowly pulled the blanket as she could feel his body now being so close to her. He's slipped his arm around her waist while planted kissed on her shoulder. The thing he just did this time as before Jiyong only send her to bed then leave. Dara was still crying secretly while Jiyong wrapping his arms around her waist. His heart crushed as he staying like that for a while. He sniffed the soft scent over her bare shoulder as it's not warm instead her skin was so cold, and pale. His kisses on her shoulder were also felt despair for her.

"There was a little boy few years ago. He only lived with his one and the only person he felt so important and he loves so much. His mother..." The ache obviously could be heard while he told her that. "He felt safe whenever he was around her. She's the only person he could rely on. Then suddenly this guy came ruined everything, the kid didn't know what should have he do..." He paused as he kissed the back of her head, smelling the scent of her shampoo scent, it clearly the same one which he had in his memory. "His mother was sick... he begged his father to staying for her for them... but his father chose to leave, leaving them alone..." She now could feel the warm hitting her head, it's warm and wet, as Jiyong couldn't held back his tears.

He cried.

"I was so scared, it's the most horrible feeling... losing the one you love... in front of your eyes without do anything." His voice was wavering trying to hold himself to saying that out loud as what he knew Dara was sleeping. "And then I met you after years walked through the scars. I recalled how it feel safe, how the true love is..." He was loosening the arm around his waist. "But now I'm too scared... I can't bear with the feeling of losing someone like that anymore... I want you to be safe and I will be secretly seeing you like this...." He said as he fixed the blanket covered her body.

Dara's back was covered with blanket but she knew there's no such a thing as warmth as his hug around her body. Her body was starting to curling, as she heard the door was closed, which means Jiyong was already leaving her. Again.

All the aches were start to coming again. Her tears were spilled over, as she grabbed the pillow under her head trying to covering her face as she worried Jiyong was still outside her room. She's sobbing against the pillow trying to buried the echoes against the soft pillow while she couldn't bear the pain. Those two arms were wrapping around her but that's not hers anymore.

******

His hands was fixing the tie up while his gaze looked through the glasses window behind the curtain. It was 8 in the morning he had to met another CEO to talked about things and another deal. He absolutely knew he's not 100% at there, but he couldn't sacrifice all his worker just because his broken heart. It was selfish reason. It's Jiyong post-Dara's. He's a little more care about his staff, all his worker than before.