Chapter 4

I posted a new story called The Summer Of Change. I hope you like the book and this chapter. I am going to be posting two chapters. So vote or comment to let me know what you thought of this chapter. On the side is the actress i have playing Maxine and the song to me fit the chapter.

~Ariel =D

________________________________________________________________

{Logan’s POV}

I grab her waist and kiss her back. When she pulls away shortly after all I want to do is kiss her again.

“Is that proof enough?” She asks looking at Adam.

I look at him and in a please say no kind of way.

“I guess though I have a feeling my friend does not want to stop.” Adam says laughing.

“Renee!” We hear being yelled.

“Hey Maxine.” She says.

I see Adam’s eyes look over Maxine’s body.

“So I know Jacki but who are they. And I think I need to know since you are kissing this guy and still in his arms.” Maxine say giving me a once over.

“Well Adam…” Renee says pointing at him, “…thought I was gay since I did not fall for his pickup lines. I told him I would prove that I was not gay and he told me to kiss Logan.” She ended by pointing to me before quickly adding, “Logan is Jacki’s older brother.”

Maxine looks at me, “Well Logan do not knock my best friend up because she is still young.”

“I am only twenty-three Maxine. Plus you are the same age.” Renee says.

Looking at the both of them I laugh, “I only kissed her.”

I then look at Adam, “Adam if you keep undressing Maxine with your eyes she may end up pregnant.”

Maxine looks at him and gives him a once over before shrugging, “I have seen hotter.”

I end up doubled over laughing.

{Renee’s POV}

“I have seen hotter.” Maxine says while shrugging.

Logan ends up doubled over laughing while Adam is looking at Maxine with his mouth wide open.

“No she is not gay either Adam. She just has standards.” I say.

We all look at Logan when we hear his phone ring.

“Um…it’s my dad. I will be right back.” He says before walking away.

I see Jacki with a concerned look, “Hey guy I am going to take Jacki to the cars. Let Logan know when he gets off the phone.”

“You okay Jacki?” I ask when we get towards the car.

She nods, “Yeah I just hope dad is not cussing him out again.”

“I am sure everything is fine.” I say.

She looks at Logan when he walks out, “Logan?”

“Renee do you think you can watch Jacki for a little while? I am not sure how long it will take for what my dad needs me to run and get.” He asks.

I look at Jacki, “How about we just get her some clothes for tomorrow and she can stay with me tonight. I can even help her study more for her test tomorrow.”

He looks at me, “It should only be a few hours I am sure I can come get her.”

“Logan I am fine with staying the night at her place. You know how dad can get on nights he makes you go get him things.” Jacki says.  

“Fine if you are okay with it. How about we drive by the house and you can run in to get a few things you will need.” He says.

Jacki smiles and goes to my passenger side door when I unlock my car.

“Just follow me.” Logan says before climbing into his truck.

When we pull up to a big white house my mouth drops open.

“This place is like two times bigger than my place.” I say looking at Jacki.

We get out of the car and I lean on the front of my car, “Go get your things I will wait here.”

She nods and runs off at the same time Logan walks over towards me.

“Are you sure you want her staying with you tonight?” He asks.

I roll my eyes, “I told you it was fine. She even told you it was fine. Stop worrying Logan.”

He runs his hand through his hair, “Okay.”

I take out my phone and hand it to him, “Put your number in and text yourself so you have my number. If anything comes up and you need me to watch Jacki longer let me know.”

He looks at me weird, “Why are you so concerned for her?”

I look away, “I lost something important to me when I was her age.” Looking back at him I say, “I just do not want her to go through what I went through. I will do anything in my power to make sure she is happy.”

“What are you talking about?” He asks.

“Do you know about what was going on before you came back home? I am guessing that you came back two months ago since that is when everything seemed to stop.” I say.

“No I don’t know what you’re talking about. And I did come back two months ago.” He says looking up from my phone.

Jacki runs out, “I will wait in the car.”

I nod and wait for her to get into the car before looking back at Logan, “Jacki used to come to school with bruises and cuts. I did everything I could to help her hide them. I am the only one besides Maxine who knows. So trust me when I say she is fine with me.”

He hands me back my phone, “You better get going.”

I pulled out of the driveway at the same time he started to walk towards the door.