✒Chapter 6-Late Night Escapade

-CHAPTER SIX-
•Late Night Escapade•

After hours of strange, exhausting classwork, lunch had finally arrived

After hours of strange, exhausting classwork, lunch had finally arrived. Lunchtime was the time of day when every person, from every clan or sector, could come together...well almost everyone. They would socialize or simply just go wild; they show off their powers, go for a swim, hangout in the game room, or like the majority of the time, they would fight. 

Every day the cafeteria had a unique theme. Each day a new scenery is displayed on the walls for everyone to see. This time it featured a 3D battle scene; the flames looked as if they were melting everything it touched, and the fighters looked as if they were going to bounce right off of the wall.

James and William sat by the pool, watching the mermaids splash around with other students.

"I heard about what happened today." William said, sounding concerned. "Are you feeling okay?"

"I'm fine." James said, as he drunk his soda.

A mermaid made a big splash and the water shot at James, soaking his clothes. Nearby students pointed at him and laughed.

"We can go to the dorm if you want," said William.

"That's okay. Just meet me back at the room when you're done."

William felt bad. He wanted to follow him but a group of friends called out his name.

As James was walking away he couldn't help but notice Jennifer; she was holding some type of bag and it looked as if she was hiding from someone. He thought about walking up to her when suddenly he passed by a table of students yelling. There was a loud "BANG" and a tray went flying, nearly hitting him as it shot across the room. He turned in an instant; a girl with glasses and short brown hair was being harassed by a group of guys.

"You think you're smarter than everybody?" A guy yelled.

The girl was calm, collected; she even smiled a little.

"I didn't say I was the smartest, I'm just saying you're too dumb to comprehend what I'm saying."

"This is the girl everyone's so worried about--the legend? I don't see anything special about her. Just a little girl who thinks she's on a brighter path than all of us. You think you're better than us, huh?"

The girl ignored him and continued reading her book.

"Pay attention when I'm talking to you!"

The bully snatched the book from out of her hands and attempted to throw it, but something stopped him. James had his hand open, holding the book with an invisible force.

"Hey! Leave her alone."

The guy and his group all turned around and looked toward him. The skull tattoos on their necks revealed that they were from the Warrior clan.