Ch. 42 - Stripper Penguin

AN: Fun sneak peek at the end

Get zee kale chips he says.

Dey good por you he says.

"What is even up with that boy and kale." I murmured under my breath, looking for the bag of chips as I passed the rows of "healthy" snacks, cringing slightly when my squinted eyes skimmed over a bag of baked peas.

I let out a sigh of relief when I finally spotted the food I was looking for, my vision zoning in on one last bag of kale chips on the shelf besides the canned spinach as I reached my hand out for it.

My whole body stilled in surprise when my hand suddenly brushed against anothers making my eyes travel up to meet the gaze of a familiar looking middle aged woman who had reached out for the snack at the same time as me.

"Oh sorry." We blurted out in unison, an awkward smile spreading over my face as she let out a soft nervous laugh, both of our hands still holding onto the bag.

"I see you like kale chips as well." The brunette lady commented politely, her calm smile still in tact as I studied her face, wondering why she looked so familiar.

"Not really actually, they're for my homie." I informed with a small shrug, shifting on my feet awkwardly when the woman's grip on the bag of chips tightened making me do the same in return as our eyes locked and our smiles dropped.

"Well, since it's not really for you I'm sure your... homie, is it, wouldn't mind if you couldn't get him his snack." She said, her tone even and her thin lips slightly pursed as I raised my brows at her with a small smile.

"What makes you think I won't be able to bring him his snack?" I challenged causing her gaze to harden.

"Because I had my hand on the bag first." She claimed, tugging the bag of chips closer to her with me still holding on to it as I furrowed my brows and scrunched my face in confusion at her.

"Look ma'm, I don't really want to fight over a bag of kale chips." I told her with a forced laugh, plastering a small smile as I lightly yanked the snack in my hand towards me, causing her to tighten her grip on it as her eyes narrowed into small slits at my action.

"Me either, it would be quite childish wouldn't it." She said in a sickly sweet tone, her voice kind but her gaze hard as we both laughed lightly and smiled at one another for a few moments longer.

Before I could even blink she grabbed the bag out of my hand, whipping her body in the other direction, fast walking down the isle of food before I could even process what just happened.

"Ayo come back with my boy's chips!" I called out, running after her making her turn to me in shock before I jumped on her back, the both of us screaming and cursing at one another as she wobbled from my weight, bringing the bag out in front of her when I tried reaching over her shoulder for it.

"Are you bloody mad!" She cried out, almost toppling over as we crashed into the shelves of food while other bystanders gawked at us in shock.

"No I'm just really spontaneous and tend to act before I think which is kinda becoming a problem!" I yelled back at her, regretting jumping on the woman's back as she wrenched my hands off her shoulders causing me to fall flat on my ass.

The lady turned to me, one of the heels of her shoes snapping causing her to let out a loud scream of surprise as she wobbled back and fell into another customer's shopping cart, giving me the opportunity to sprint to my feet and grab the chips out of her flailing arms.

"Sorry about this! Here's twenty bucks to get new shoes if you want!" I said, trying to dodge her kicks as I tossed the money on her before I put the bag of chips between my teeth and pushed the cart, kicking it so it accelerated across the isle with the woman still screaming inside it.