1.6

"You ready sweetheart?" Oliver shouted up the stairs. I looked in the mirror and smiled, actually liking what i saw for once. My strapless red dress sticking to my pale skin, i had my hair in a fish tail plait to the left side of my head with a little white bow adding a little cuteness to my look. My make-up was the usual but i went for the 'Smokey-Eyes' look. I pulled on my heels and walked downstairs to see Oliver waiting by the door.

"You look absouletly beautiful" He said as he kissed my cheek.

"Why thank you, i must say you do clean up well Mr Sykes" I said as i looked at his outfit, black skinny jeans with a button up shirt and a black blazer. He smiled and pulled out his phone, taking a picture of us together

"Dinner with this beautiful girl, how did i get so lucky?" the caption read as he put it on Instagram.

"Shall we go?" He asked as he held out his arm letting me link my arm through his.

"We Shall!" I said as we walked out the house.

"Hi im Jennifer and i will be your server today, Can i get you any drinks?" The waitress asked as she handed us our menus.

"We'll both have some water please" I smiled as the waitress nodded and walked off.

"You know, this is kinda our first date" Oli laughed.

"It's about bloody time! After six years and having a kid you finally grew the balls to ask me out" I laughed as Oli pretended to be hurt.

"Aw baby I'm sowwy" I said in a childish voice, pouting and batting my eyelashes.

"How could I ever be mad at that beautiful face?" Oliver laughed as the waitress arrived with our water. After an evening of stupid jokes, eating and laughing, we decided to get the bill.

"Here's your bill and the gentlemen at table 7 asked me to give this to you" Jennifer said as she placed the bill on the table and handed me a note.

"Looks like your having fun! Don't get to comfortable, he'll be gone soon"

i looked around to table 7, but saw nobody there. I scrunched up the note and looked at Oli.

"Ready love?" He asked as he held out his hand. I nodded and grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers.

"Mind if we go for a walk?" He asked as we walking out of the restaurant. I shook my head and shivered.

"Here take my jacket" He said as he removed his jacket and put it over my shoulders.

"Even in heels in still shorter than you" I laughed as we carried on walking. We walked and talked until we reached a beautiful meadow, lit with fairy lights and candles.

"Oliver did you-"

"Maybe I did, come on!" He cut me off before pulling me into the middle of the meadow.

"Now Poppy, I've known you for 6 years and since the first day I met you, I couldn't get you out of my head. You're simply the most amazing&beautiful girl I've ever had the luck to lay eyes on. We've got a gorgeous son who will grow up to be the most amazing person ever because he has you as his mother, Everyday I love you more&more, i can't bare the thought of not having you by my side. What I'm trying to say is-" Oli said as he got down on one knee and opened a small black box revealing a diamond ring.

"Poppy Elizabeth Worsnop, will you marry me?" He asked. I nodded unable to speak. He slid the ring onto my finger and pulled me into a hug, swinging me around.

"Quick picture" he laughed as he pulled out his phone, I lifted my hand up showing my ring as he kissed my cheek.

"Just popped the question, just Me&My family from now on!" The caption read.

"I love you to the horizon and back" I laughed as Kissed him.

"Come on let's go home and have some hot chocolate" He smiled as he scooped me up and carried me in a bridal style.

"Oliver I'm tired" I yawned as he placed me onto our bed.

"Help me get changed" I whined causing him to let out a small laugh. After undressing me and helping me into my PJ's, Oli climbed into bed next to me.

"This time next year you'll be Poppy Sykes" he smiled as I cuddled into him. "Oliver, did we use protection earlier?" I asked as we both sat up. He looked at me and shook his head. "Well I guess this time next year they'll be another little Sykes running around" I laughed as Oli pulled me into his chest.

"Goodnight my love, I love you to the horizon and back" Was the lasting thing I heard before I fell asleep.