Chapter 9

"Davina." I sighed out as I brought the girl into a much needed hug.

"Liz, not that I'm complaining," she started as she squeezed me back before pulling away and searching my face," But why the sudden visit?" She finished puzzled.

I groaned and lazily stomped from my current position over to Davina's bed. I plumped down and made random patterns on her sheets before looking up at her.

"Something went down between Marcel and I, and right now I just need my best friend." I admitted sadly and held back my tears.

"What happened?" She asked as she found her way next to me and sat.

"Ugh. I don't even know. He asked Cami out right in front of me and that pissed me off for two reasons. One, he was doing it because Klaus was there and two, he promised he wouldn't get Cami involved in all this supernatural stuff. And to top that off when we talked he told me to leave if I didn't like the way he ran things here. I mean he yelled that I was a little girl and he was The King. After that I kind of told him that he was no longer family to me and that if anything happens to Cami that I would kill him. I mean, of course I wouldn't kill him and he is my family but he broke his promise to me and I'm so angry at him right now. And to top that all off, I have no idea what is happening with everything else in this stupid Quarter." I ranted off as I stood and paced back and forth. I knew I probably looked crazy but I needed to get this off my chest.

"Are you okay now?" Davina asked as I took a seat back in the spot I previously sat before my rant.

"Yes- no- I don't know. I guess it's not the best time to ask since it happened about 20 minutes ago." I answered as I laid my head on her delicate shoulder.

"You know, you coming here is probably gonna make Marcel mad right?" Davina questioned to which I just shrugged.

"Let him."I sighed out as she giggled. "He can't forbid me from doing anything especially from visiting you. So now that we're on this topic. How are you doing?" I asked as I lifted my head and looked at the young witches face.

"I'm doing fine besides the complete boredom. I mean I don't want to be stuck here drawing pictures when someone uses magic 24/7. I want to get out and hang with you for a while or at least get fresh air." She mumbled out while casting her sight downwards and playing with her fingers.

"Hey. You should be out in no time. And me coming here to hang out with you is completely fine with me since it provides safety for you. And--" I cut myself off when I finally took in what seemed to be a new piece of addition to this attic/bedroom.

"Why is there a coffin in here?" I questioned with squinted eyes as I rose to my feet the same time Davina's eyes grew wide and she scrambled up.

"Uh... Marcel brought it. Said he wants it kept safe." She began to explain.

"Why would Marcel want a coffin kept safe?" I was confused at that. Marcel doesn't keep coffins for people.

"I don't know." She answered quickly. I narrowed my eyes as I looked back and forth between her and the odd coffin.

"What's in it Davina?" I asked while I made my way towards it until I felt a hand grasp mine.

"Nothing. Just please leave it alone or talk to Marcel about this. Please!" She practically begged. I stared into her big puppy eyes for a few seconds before giving in with a loud sigh.

"Fine. But I'm not letting this go. Right now I do need to go. I promised someone I would keep them company for a little while." I pulled Davina into a quick hug before starting towards the attic door.