Chapter 6

Welp. There are now more witches here so Elijah needs to hurry.

"Marcel and his vampires are out of control. Something had to be done." Sophie defended.

"And the solution is to bring in more vampires?" The witch who just arrived named Agnes asked.

"These aren't just any vampires, Agnes. They're the Originals." Sophie elaborated.

"What makes you think you can control the hybrid?" Agnes asked.

"She can't." Elijah's voice bellowed out of no where. The witches made way for him to walk through.

"Not entirely certain that I can either. But now that your coven has drawn his ire, I have a question. What prevents my brother murdering you instead of cooperating?" Elijah asked suspiciously.

Sophie grabbed something off a shelf and poked herself in the hand.

"Ow!" Hayley let out while holding her hand. I grasped her hand and looked at it showing Elijah.

"What the hell?!" I screeched out to Sophie.

"The spell my sister performed...the one that got her killed. It didn't just confirm the pregnancy. It linked me to Hayley. So anything that happens to me, happens to her, Which means her life is in my hands." Sophie exclaimed. "Klaus may not care about his own child, but its very clear what it already means to you. If I have to hurt Hayley, or worse, to ensure your attention, I will." I was really getting fed up with Sophie.

"You would dare threaten an Original?" Elijah asked, amused.

"I have nothing to lose. You have until midnight to get Klaus to change his mind." Sophie threatened.

"Alright enough! Sophie... link yourself to me. Okay? You know I'm important to Marcel. So link yourself to me and do not harm Hayley or the baby." I pleaded as Elijah left.

"Liz. You may mean something to Marcel but Hayley means more to the Originals right now. And that? That is what will help us take down Marcel." Sophie claimed.

~~~

The bell signaling midnight chimed loudly through the quarter which means Elijah ran out of time.

"Shit." I whispered. I looked to Hayley who had a hand on her stomach and her eyes closed like she was waiting for the pain to come.

"Hayley. I'm sorry. I should have tried something...to do something." I croaked out causing her to open her eyes and look at me.

"Hey. It's okay. You did try. Hell, you did more than I could ever thank you for." She said while grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze. I was about to say something else when I heard mumbling in the other room.

"Hey, do you hear that?" I asked quietly. Hayley nodded.

"Do you think you can hear them?" I asked again in which she nodded again.

While listening in on what was going on I paid attention to her facial expression in case it was something bad.

Out of no where, she squeezed my hand harder and her eyes widened.

"What? What's happening?" I asked worriedly.

"Elijah. He bought more time." She sighed out. I breathed out a breath I didn't know I was holding and pulled her into a hug.

"Thank god." I whispered into her shoulder.

~~~~

Wrote on: March 1, 2016

Words: 538

Unedited