Chapter 3

I woke up to someone shaking me. Opening my eyes, I came face to face with the pregnant girl making me sit up quickly on alert.

"What happened? Are you alright?" I was overly concerned for her surprising both her and me.

"Uh- yeah. I should be asking you that though since they did something to make you pass out." She said while helping me up. I got a good look of the room noticing we were alone now.

"Where is everybody?"

"I don't know. They took off after Sophie knocked you out." I stared at her curiously. She looked awfully familiar.

"Look, I'm gonna get you out of here okay? I won't let harm come to your baby." I reassured her.

"Why are you doing this? You don't even know me." She asked confused.

"Because your both innocent, especially your baby. And I feel like I know you somehow but I can't place you." I confessed.

"Thank you. If it means anything, you look awfully familiar to me too." She said with humor.

"Well, I'm Liz O'Connell." I held my hand out to her.

"Hayley. Hayley Marshall." When she grabbed my hand I felt an instant shock causing us to both pull away.

"What the--" We both got cut off when some witches I didn't know grabbed both of us and started to lead us out into the cemetery.

"Solisfilia?" I heard someone call out making me look up.

"Elijah? What are you doing here?" I asked confused, brushing off the fact he still called me by my full name.

"I was about to ask you the same thing."

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley asked. Elijah looked to her for the first time and with curiosity walked a few steps forward.

"Give us a moment please." He told Sophie. And she allowed us back into the room we were in, with Elijah following us.

~~~

Hayley and I were seated on a bench whilst Elijah was pacing in front of us.

"So, have they been holding you against your will?" He asked Hayley.

"They lured me out to the bayou and grabbed me. Then they did all these weird witchy tests. Not that I don't understand how this could happen.I mean, vampires are dead. They can't have children." Hayley was just as confused as I.

"Perhaps if you knew my brother's story, it could explain how this is possible. Here. If I may." Elijah stated whilst walking towards us with a hand cupped towards Hayley's head.

"What are you doing?" I asked protectively while Hayley moved her head.

Elijah took a seat in front of us and said, "Relax. If you open your mind to me I can show you both."

This time he cupped both of our cheeks as we waited. And then the story of his family began.

~~~~

Wrote on: February 27,2016

Words: 482

Edited on: February 27, 2016