Chapter 12

"Oh c'mon." I groaned. I slowly stood up holding onto my side when I felt a wet substance on my shirt. Taking a deep breath, I looked down hoping I didn't see what I was going to see. But with my luck it was in fact exactly that. Blood.

I lifted my black t-shirt and looked at my wounds. I could make out the small shape of each arrow that went through. I would have thought they would have been bigger but they were just the size of a dime each.

Putting my shirt back down, I finished standing and went straight to my bathroom. Right now I needed to shower and patch up these wounds. After I am going to check on Hayley and the baby since she was shot last night too.

~~~

"Hayley?" I called out. She had called me ten minutes ago to tell me to meet her at the bayou. I was going to argue and yell at her for even going back there but she hung up on me before I got a single word out. That's why I rushed out here to stop her from stupidly getting herself in any more trouble and/or danger.

"Liz? Over here!" I heard her yell back. I sighed before stomping my way through the entrance of the bayou and towards her voice. She was going to get an earful from me.

"Haley! What the hell-" I cut myself off when I caught sight of both Sophie and Rebekah along side her. I scoffed in disbelief as I glanced between all three of them.

"Rebekah? You let her come out here? And with Sophie of all people? I mean, Hayley, come on! We were just out here last night and we all got hurt. Why the hell did you decide to even come back out here? Did you stop to think of the possibility of enemies out here? Or-or even more witches, maybe sent by Sophie? Ugh, you know what? Forget it. Just tell me why you called me out here. I know it must be important." I ranted before demanding for an answer with a huff. I looked at all three of them, seeing them stare at me wide-eyed.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked. I reached up to wipe off anything that might be there but stopped when Rebekah laughed.

"I knew I liked you for some reason Liz. But if you must know I followed Hayley, who followed Sophie, who wants to collect the magic from the witches who attacked us last night. I don't want to be here but I'm keeping my promise to Elijah to protect the so called miracle baby." Rebekah explained with a small smile.

"Wait! Liz, you were also attacked last night?" Sophie asked with concern laced in her voice. I looked at her confused by her question before slowly nodding my head yes.

"Why?" I questioned confusedly. Her eyes widened as she made eye contact with me.

"U-uh. Nothing. I was just wondering." She brushed as she removed any sort of caring emotion from her face. "Are you still hurt?" She asked like it wasn't any big deal.

"What aren't you telling me?" I demanded, deciding to ignore her question. She looked at me hesitantly before deciding to answer me.

"Nothing. I can't actually say. I-it's Marcel who you should talk to about this. If you're still hurt and you've already been fed vampire blood then I think you should immediately go to him." She urgently explained. I looked at her, scanning her face to see if she was just trying to get rid of me but I didn't find anything suspicious.

"I think I'm gonna stay for a couple minutes. Thanks though for your concern." I replied. I looked at Hayley and Rebekah and decided to change the subject.

"Okay. Now where exactly are the witches located? I got lost when we ran last night. It was extremely dark out." With that we all started walking forward following after Hayley.

"So this harvest thingy...tell me more." Rebekah insisted. At the mentioned of the harvest I paused my footsteps. Of course Sophie mentioned the harvest.