People...

Sorry for this not being an update but I have to let this out somewhere.

So I recently watched a video of someone, an African American guy to be exact, being shot multiple times and just left laying on the floor dying by police. I can't shake the image out of my head and how people just sat by watching. The guy recording didn't do anything but record the video.

It just makes me sick how screwed up our society has gotten and how little people care of others. I mean, don't get wrong, I know there is a lot of people out there who do great stuff and help this world and are in general good people but how long before those portion of people decrease? How long before we all just turn against each other? How long before us as a nation just aren't unified anymore?

Whether it's groups of friends, spouses, or even just people walking down the street, we're all scrutinized for how we look and not who we are. Why is that? Why can't people look beyond skin? Beyond looks in general? Why is it that we have to judge others for how they are born or even where they're from? Why can't we get to know people for who they are before deciding that we like them or not?

Ethnicity doesn't define us. That's what people don't understand!

Blacks or Whites; Yellows or Browns. We're not COLORS!

Gay, Lesbian, Straight, Bisexual, or Transgender. We're not LABELS!

We're ALL human! Stop treating other's like you're better than them or you have higher authority. We weren't brought in this world to discriminate people. We were brought into this world to live our lives along side people.

Stop looking at others and writing them off as bad people for their looks. You're no better than them if your whole life revolves around what you think of others.

Honestly, I can't blame our generation fully. I mean, yeah, we are to blame for continuing this perpetual cycle of discrimination and being prejudice people but we had to learn it somewhere. Whether we observed it from our parents and/or peers, or we were just taught to stay away from people our family disliked; we learned it. But that doesn't mean we don't know right from wrong.

It's wrong to label people. It's wrong to define others for their skin color. It's wrong to dislike people because of where they are from or how they dress. It's wrong to do it all because you think it's "cool".

It's wrong to judge others because of their skin, family, heritage, religion, home, sexuality, gender, size, appearance, disabilities. It's wrong period.

We all need to open our eyes and see the world for how it is.

I opened my eyes and I don't like what I see. Do you?

I'm Jocelyn. And I'm a human being. Nothing more and nothing less. Deal with it.

7/7/2016