Chapter 26: All a lie

Once we headed back to the kingdom, the king and queen weren't here.

"Where are they?"

"I have no clue" Devin said.

We looked around, and noticed that the kingdom was empty. Noone in sight.

"Something isn't right"

I had closed my eyes, to see if I can sense where the king is...

"Watch out!"

We all jumped out the way of the attack.

There were spears being thrown at us.

"Don't let the spears touch you. There poisonous" dad said.

We quickly kept dodging them as they kept coming.

When James had hit one with his sword...paint was splattered on him.

"What the-"

The spears then stopped coming, as evil filled the room.

"Dad how is that possible. I thought only you were The Evil painter that could use paint spells"

"As far as I know. Remember my body was taken over by pure and dark evil. You freed me so maybe--" he was cut off by an Evil laugh.

When we looked behind us, the king was flying in midair.

"No way.."

"What's going on!" Devin said.

"Lexi" the king said.

I looked at him.

"Thank you so much for bringing back my power" he said.

"What are you talking about?"

"You see, I use to train your father. Help him with magic and spells. He had no clue that I was going to use him later on to make him evil" he said.

"You what" dad said getting angry.

"Yeah it's true. When you learned how to use magic very well, I offered you to leave everything you had on earth to be here and live in this palace. After all were brothers right." He said.

I looked at my dad who started grabbing his head.

"Dad are you okay?"

"Now I remember" he said as he looked at me.

"Lexi, I never left you and your mother for power. I remember completely. I told him that I wanted to go home afterwards because your mother was pregnant with you. Declining his offer I went home anyway..." He started.

"Then what?"

"After going home, you were born. Throughout those years he kept constantly telling me and trying force me to come back and learn more magic and gain more power, but I didn't want to leave you and your mother, until..." He said.

"Until what?"

"Until that day...on your fifth birthday, he came and destroyed the house..he almost killed you and your mother. He said he would only spare them if I went back with him and never came back. I had no choice but to agree and in doing so, he erased you and your mothers memory...all you remember or what he wanted you to remember was that I left you and your mother only remembers that I said I didn't want to be with her" he said.

"We remember things that never happened"

"Exactly, Lexi you already knew about magic. I would use it around you all the time. But those memories were taken away" he said with his head down.