Chapter 25: Final Battle part 2

-Devin's POV-

"WATCH OUT!" I yelled.

....Then BOOM!

**********

I saw my life flash before me.

I looked down at my chest in pain as I coughed up blood.

*FlashBack*

As I yelled watch out, I knew he wasn't going to move in enough time...so I used my last bit of strength, with the magic I learned, and teleported to where he was, and before my eyes...Lexi struck me in my chest

*End*

I looked at James, who was in shock.

-James POV-

"But-but, why would you do that, why would you-" He was hesitant on what to say.

"...Because...even though we fought...I still thought of you as...my friend" he barely said.

I was lost for words.

I watched as he slowly drifted to the ground, in a puddle of blood.

"Devin...Devin..DEVIN!"

I didn't know, what to do, all I could do was look at Lexi who smirked about all this.

"LOOK WHAT YOU DID!"

I pointed towards Devin lying lifeless, as if I could talk some sense into her.

I quickly took out my sword and swung it at her, but she dodged it.

"You killed him!"

I ran towards her to swing again...and she quickly flung me back.

When I hit the ground, she quickly came towards me, grabbed my neck and started chocking me.

...Im no match for her strength.

Then The Evil Painter came up to us.

"Well, well...It looks like I won" he said.

I looked at him with pure rage...but he's right, he won.

"Now My daughter, it's time. Kill him" he said.

I looked around at Devin, then back at Lexi.

"You know...Its funny...I-no Devin, thought you were stronger than this. He believed that you would be able to control your power...the curse. But I guess he was wrong"

She smirked as if she didn't care and choked me even more.

I started to cough, I could barely breath...but I had to say one last thing.

"Even though, Devin didn't admit it or even show it..I can truly tell you that he...cares about you"

After saying what I had to say, I closed my eyes waiting for the worst...but nothing happened.

"He-he cares about me" She whispered.

I opened my eyes and looked at her.

She began to slowly put me down, with tears in her eyes.

"What-what have I--" She was hesitant on what to say.

"NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING...KILL HIM!" Evil painter said.

She turned to look at him and said "NO! I will not be evil father"

"Fine, if you won't kill him, then I will" He said as he grabbed me by my neck.

"NO!..Let him go!" She yelled.

*Lexi POV*

"No, I've worked to hard to get you to become evil. If you won't listen, then maybe me killing him will help you see that being alone is the best way to go" he said.