Chapter Nineteen

Dedicated to 'Imagination34' for the very cool, very clever idea of having the broken light fall on Valerie which in turn, kills her. I thought that was a very ironic and original idea, and if she can think of ideas like that for my story, then imagine how creative her own stories must be! So go check them out, haha. 

* It's so sad that the story has to end, but that's just the way it is. ): Hopefully, there'll be loads more like it, or maybe, I'll even do a sequel, but I've had a lot of fun writing it and I can't thank everyone enough for their support. I hope you've enjoyed reading as much as I've enjoyed posting. Get ready for a twist, everyone, for the last time, :) *

Last Chapter

            “Hurry up.” Cole hisses, his vision blurry from standing. The drug is wearing off now, but it still hurts to be up on his feet, and if Gwen wasn’t here holding up his weight with her shoulders, then he would’ve collapsed onto the floor by now.

BOOM.

The lighting goes off. The warehouse is completely black, aside from the moon’s light.

“I’m trying!”

Click.

Click.

Click.

“What’s wrong with this lighter?” Gwen cries.

With a sigh, Cole snatches it from her and starts frantically flicking it upwards, when suddenly something slams into his stomach, knocking out the air, winding him. He can’t breathe for a moment, and in that moment, he hits the ground. The lighter falls out of his hand and slides across the floor in the slimy gasoline.

“You really thought you could escape?” Valerie slaps Gwen with such force that Gwen collapses onto her knees, holding a hand to her sore cheek.

“I...” Gwen says, starting to get up. But this time, it is Valerie’s knuckles that come crashing down into her sister’s face, sending her straight back down to the ground, groaning.

“I told you,” She begins, “I confided in you. You let me get hit! You made me lose her!”

Gwen cries, “How was I supposed to know?” Her eyes begin to fill with tears.

“It was your fault, not mine. You did it on purpose.” Valerie scolds, stepping closer to a frightened Gwen, who begins to shuffle backwards, her hands now drenched in gasoline, “You did it on purpose.”

“You think I planned to get pregnant?”

“Maybe. Who knows what you’re capable of?”

Me? You tortured my boyfriend and killed all his friends.”

Valerie chuckles, long and loud, “So that was the reason.” She adds, “Cute. You still believe that he’s in love with you.”

“You’re twisted.”

“How kind.”

“Sorry, I don’t know if this is the right time to speak, but can I...” Cole trails off, feeling awkward. Valerie glares at him for a while, then finally,