Chapter Twelve

Dedicated to 'postponeme23' for her very hilarious comment; ":o OMG. That was so epic (: Literally, my computer was messing up the entire time I was reading this because of it's epicness. (-_- computers -_-) But once more, it's terrific! Ahh, I'm so behind on my reading for this! :0 Sorry!" which I thought was very cool of her to write, and makes me feel amazing that people are actually enjoying Cheater that much.

-FINALLY, it makes sense! No, I'm just kidding. It should still confuse you. Aww, we're coming up to the last few chapters, but I hope you've all enjoyed the ride. I know I have. Thanks all for reading and I hope you like this chapter.-

Chapter Twelve

            “You... have got a shitload of explaining to do.” Cole slides into the seat in the corner of the coffee shop. Natalie takes up a chair in front of him.

“What do you mean?” She asks, genuinely feeling innocent.

“You’re actually... related?” He pours in one sugar, then two.

“Yeah, I guess.” ‘I guess’? What kind of answer is that? It’s a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question, he feels like saying, but he does not want to make her feel bad. Take out his anger and frustration on Natalie? That would just be plain wrong.

She doesn’t deserve that.

“What do you mean?” He takes a sip, and his face scrunches up in horror. He sticks out his tongue, cringing. It’s not sugar at all.

It’s salt.

How could he have confused the two?

Then again, he did not get much sleep last night, if any at all,

“Did you get enough sleep last night?” Natalie queries, sharp. It must be showing in his face, in his actions, in his words. He’s tired.

“Yeah.” He lies, not wanting to admit that he hasn’t slept right since she’d shocked him the other day.

“If it makes you feel any better,” Natalie smiles, “We’re only half-sisters.”

“Really?” Cole’s eyes light up and then, shoot back down, “It doesn’t.” He pushes the foul coffee cup away from him; what a waste of money.

“What?” She reaches out to touch his hand, but... No. Stay strong, Natalie.

“Natalie, I told you everything. I cheated on your step-sister with your actual sister. W-what do you...” He trails off, “How do you want me to feel?”

Flatly, she corrects, “She’s not my step-sister.”

            He has never heard Natalie so straight, so out there. She means it; he can tell from the way her eyes are darkening.

“Ok, ‘Gwen’.”

“Better...” Natalie sighs, glancing around the shop. There is no way she can make eye contact with him, “Do you really want to know what I think?”

“Go ahead.” Cole head lowers even more, as he waves his hand to tell her speak.

“I think you need to learn to keep your pants on... I think you need to learn some fucking self control.” Her emphasis on such blasphemy leaves Cole stunned. He can’t even look at her.