Chapter Six

Dedicated to silvertears1 because "moonlightsky", someone she recommended this story to, just sent me a message telling me that 'silvertears1 kept blabblin about how 'epic' the story was so i figured i'd check it out. now I have to wonder, did i just replace silvertears1 as the biggest fan? it was epic.' which is such a sweet and sincere message, that it just makes me want to go to bed grinning. So thank you for recommending my story, and I'll be supporting you just as much on yours!

- I'm going to be really evil, and give you guys a big cliffhanger here. ;) -

Chapter Six

            Grabbing a chair, she starts to tell her story,

“Do you remember when we met?” She takes a seat, sitting backwards on it, her legs spread wide apart.

“If I don’t remember you now, what makes you th-” She does not even let him finish. Instead, she holds her hand in the air, a silent ‘hush’.

“You were young,” She smirked, her lipstick now barely visible now against her muddy face. If only everything was less blurry, he could see her. He might know her. No, of course he would know her. No one does this for no reason.

Unless they’re psychotic...

This, he couldn’t argue against. But if she would just take off the mask, he would know her. He knew the voice. Cole just needed to put a voice to a name, to a face...

She clears her throat, “You were young... I was younger.”

“How long ago? I’m not that old.”

“Just one.”

“One... One what...? A month? A year?”

“A decade.” Cole mouth falls open, “One decade.”

“So, what? This is ten years of therapy gone wrong?” She chuckles at this, leans forward on her chair. Either she is really enjoying the wittiness of his backchat or she is getting ready with the knife. Who knew that laughter could be such a fearful thing? Such a dreaded weapon... He knows to be scared whenever she even starts smile,

“No.”

“No?” Cole cannot control himself. His words are spilling. He must say something to everything. He must reply her, he cannot allow her to have the last word.

“I was always younger. All I’ve ever been is...” She looks into the distance, quiet for a moment. Emotions overwhelm her, make her think...This moment seems to last forever, and finally, “You know, I had an order.”

            She changes the subject. She does not want to talk about her past, about their past. It would weaken her for definite. Make her feel... make her want...

“What?” He says, under his breath.

“Well, I didn’t just slaughter away in any random order.” Her smile widens when she sees the expression in his face, “Owen. He’s the most heroic. I couldn’t have him interrupting anything.” Cole is cursing and shouting at her like there’s no tomorrow.

“You...” He lost for a word bad enough to describe her, warns her, “When I-”

She carries on, taunting him, “Brittany. Well, she was a bitch towards the end anyway. That was hilarious, ‘Cole... Brit!’” She mocks. He is screaming his lungs out, struggling in the chair,