Chapter 22

Well, a few years have passed, I’m still living with the Lynches, and Ross and I are still together. Quite a bit has happened, but just wait till you see.

“Courtney!! Come on! We’re gonna be late!” Ross called up the stairs to me. I straighted my cap and gown and walked down the stairs to find him and the whole family. They all grinned as we headed toward the van. Yes, we were heading to our graduation. I was so nervous. The only thing I could think about was how glad I was that my mom wasn’t there, but how much I missed my dad. My thoughts were interrupted when Ross leaned over.

“It’s gonna be okay.” He whispered, squeezing my hand. I nodded, looking down to the cards in my hands. I would be making the valedictorian speech, and I was so nervous. We arrived there, and I quickly hugged everyone and got a kiss from Ross for good luck. I went to take my place on the stage as all of my fellow students took their seats. Time went quickly and before I knew it, it was my turn to speak. I stood up at the podium, looking out at the crowd of people I’d learned to love, and all of our families as well, I quickly found Ross’ messy blonde hair which was hidden under his cap and he gave me a thumbs up.

“Good morning class of 2015! We made it!” I started, earning a cheer from my peers. “As a student who joined this amazing school sophomore year, I am honored to be here, in front of you all speaking. We’ve all been through a lot these last few years, and I know that its only the beginning. And I for one cannot wait for our reunion. Its going to be so cool to get to see what we’ve all become. Doctors, teachers, artists, actors, rockstars. So let’s not leave these doors with regrets and tears, let’s leave it knowing that this is our time. To make something of ourselves. So here’s to us, to our futures, I love you guys.” I finished, looking out at the brief applause and smiles from my friends. I took my seat again and before I knew it, they were calling everyone up to get their diplomas.

It was about an hour later, and I was standing outside with Ross, and the rest of our family, taking pictures and talking about the ceremony. Then, Riker took Ross and I to go get ice cream, and the others went home… not suspicious at all..

We were sitting inside the Baskin Robins and I looked at Riker.

“So Rike, how many people?” I asked him, leaning over and licking Ross’ ice cream cone before giving Riker a look. He looked up from his spoonful and looked confused. “Oh come on. I’m not stupid.” I said, swatting Ross’ hand from my ice cream. Riker sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

“Oh I don’t know. Just a few friends..” He said nervously. Ross finally caught on.

“I thought we told you guys no parties!” He exclaimed.

“Yeah well you weren’t supposed to know yet but little miss valedictorian over here is too smart for us.” Riker said, laughing. He got out his phone, calling Rydel and telling her that the surprise didn’t work and that he’s bringing us in a few minutes.

We then spent the rest of the night celebrating graduation with all of our best friends.

5 years later;

Ross and I have both graduated from college, online, while travelling the world and touring with the band. It was definitely a dream come true, traveling everywhere we’ve ever dreamed, meeting people, and being in love. Today, we made it to Paris, and Ross decided, since we had the night off before the show tomorrow, that we were going to go on a super cliché, romantic date, ending with dinner on top of the Eiffel tower.

~~Ross POV~~

I was super nervous, as we came to the part of our date that I’ve been nervous for since we left for tour. We took our seats at the table and had one of our normal conversations, honestly I have no idea what either of us said, I was to busy mentally freaking out. Finally I just couldn’t take it anymore. I cut her off mid-sentence.

“Courtney? I really need to ask you something” I said quickly suprising her. She nodded, waiting. “Not here, come with me.” I told her, taking her towards the edge, away from the people, to a small balcony. Now she looked really concerned and I just ignored the looks she gave me. I took her hands. “Its been 7 years now, since I ran into you that one, beautiful day, and I knew even that day that I needed to get to know you. And after all that we’ve gone through there’s not a doubt in my mind that I want to ask you this.” I said, slowly bending down on one knee, as she covered her mouth, obviously figuring out what was happening. I showed her the ring. “Will you marry me?” I asked, as she quickly nodded and pulled me up and into a kiss. We pulled away and I slipped the ring on her finger and we both smiled at each other so big I’m surprised our cheeks are still intact.

We couldn’t eat anymore after that, we went straight back to the hotel to find everyone there, playing video games or on twitter or whatever. I decided not to tell any of them I was thinking of doing it, just for a surprise. So on our way there, we decided not to say anything, just act like it was a normal date, and join the group until someone noticed the ring. I used my key to open the door as we both tried to achieve the biggest acting role ever…

~~~Courtney POV~~~

While mentally freaking out, I calmed myself and plopped on the bed next to Rydel, who was on her laptop, editing for R5TV. Ross joined the card game that the boys were playing on the floor. Rydel looked over at me with a smile before getting back to her screen, I waiting, pretending to play random games on my phone before giving up on her and joining the boys. Rydel soon joined us, and she looked to me.

“Courtney, got any-“ She said, freezing and looking to my hand before shrieking. I hid my hand and looked to everyone else, raising my eyebrows.

“Rydel, what’s wrong?” Riker asked. She just covered her mouth and pointed at me. I looked over at Ross with a smile. He grinned too and looked away. Finally Rydel had enough and grabbed my hand, showing the others. And before I knew it, I was being suffocated by everyone in hugs… 

A/N~ 

Bad ending, i know, leave me alone. In case you couldn't figure out, i will be ending this soon, but i'll probably start a new R5 one soon, but a diff guy. idk. we'll see so yeah. :) hope u like!