Chapter 13

Dedicated to dance_girl900 because she left a really amazing comment on the last one and so I decided to work on this. so yeah. here it is! :) And sorry, it's kinda short. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We slowly walked back to Ross’ house, and went inside. The family meeting must be over because Rydel, Riker, and Rocky were all watching tv, and Stormie was in the kitchen making dinner, and Ryland was playing catch with Mark in the backyard.

“Hey.” I said quietly when we walked inside. The boys on the couch replied, and Rydel got up and hugged me with a smile.

“It’s all gonna be ok. Don’t worry.” She whispered. I nodded and smiled, dragging Ross upstairs to my bedroom/ their practice room. He grabbed his guitar and played random songs for me until Stormie came in.

“Riker’s going to get something from the store for me. Why don’t you go with him Ross?” She called as she walked in. He started to protest, but when he saw her expression he got up, kissed me on the forehead and walked out. Stormie sat down next to me. “Okay. So, we have a little bit of a plan, but I want to hear what you have to say first. Why don’t you want to go live with your mom in Florida?” She said as I gathered the list in my head.

“Well, a lot of reasons. For one, I really love it here and I’d miss all of this too much. But really, she’s not a very nice person. And she’s definitely not stable. My dad once told me that before I was born she had a really bad drinking problem, and if you couldn’t tell already, it seems to have come back. Whenever my dad was deployed somewhere, and I was left alone with her, I was basically living on my own. She didn’t do much. I had to feed myself, walk to school, and everything else, and if I broke any kind of rule she’d slap me or something. It was never enough to leave a bruise, but still. And then when my dad came home she’d be that caring mother again, and I just didn’t get it. I feel like if I move with her, there’s nothing stopping her from doing way more damage.” I explained, looking down and drying my tears. Stormie hugged my tightly, and kissed the top of my head.

“We’ll figure this out. Don’t worry.” She said, walking back downstairs. She must’ve sent Rydel up because a few minutes later she came up and dragged me to her room. There she took out nailpolish and we did each other’s nails and talked for an hour. It was nice to do some girl stuff for a change. When Stormie called us to dinner we raced downstairs. Ross was on the couch, and stood up when he saw me, grabbing my hand as we walked to the table.

“You okay?” He whispered in my ear.

“Great.” I replied to him, kissing his cheek and taking my place at the table in between him and Rydel.

“Okay kids. We have a lot to talk about. We met with Rob while you two were out.” Stormie said to Ross and I.

“And Rob is…?” I asked looking around.

“Our lawyer.” Riker answered quickly from across the table.

“Yep. And we’re not sure how you feel about this, but everyone else agreed to it, so its up to you. Because of the circumstances, we can fight for custody against your mother and you can stay here for good.” Stormie explained their plan. My jaw dropped.

“Really? You guys would do that for me?” I asked, amazed. Everyone nodded.

“Of course! You’re already a member of the family practically!” Rocky said. I smiled.

“Well thank you so much guys.” I said to the whole table.

“Don’t worry about it. But for now, we’ve got some work to do.” Mark said….