Chapter 9

~A/N: I have no idea if the Lynch family is religious or goes to church or anything or not (Although I kinda think they don’t..), I’m just making this up. If this chapter annoys you, sorry, deal with it. Also, if anyone has any like information about their family (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc) please message me, I’m gonna need it in a chapter or two. Also, since I am a little addicted to polyvore, you can click on the “external link” to see the outfits in this chapter, titled “Boys- chap 9” and Girls- Chap 9

“Please don’t change your normal plans for me, I can go visit my grandma in the retirement home or something, I mean, I think they’d let me… and if not, I’m sure my mom will show up before then…” I said quickly. They all looked at me, and laughed.

“Don’t worry about that honey, we would love to have you spend Christmas with us. We just need to decide if we’re going to stay here in L.A., or go to Colorado to spend it with the rest of the family.” Stormie explained. The kids nodded and began to discuss what we should do. I sighed, glad that I wouldn’t have to go to the retirement home, it’s possibly the most depressing place on the face of the earth… After almost an hour of discussion, they decided to stay home this year, since they’d be going to Colorado in a few weeks for a wedding, which they invited me to if I was still living with them then. I was glad to not have to go, especially since we still haven’t found my mother. I was beginning to wonder if I ever would, I mean its almost been a week, and I haven’t even heard from her.

After breakfast, I went upstairs to shower and get dressed, since almost everyone else had already done so. It was Sunday so we were going to go to church in about an hour. I decided to dress up (for once) with a blue skirt, and top. I got dressed, and dried my hair, letting it go into its natural blonde waves quickly walked into Rydel’s room.

“Do you think I look okay?” I asked her. She was in her closet, and quickly turned around, looking surprised.

“You look so beautiful. And if you don’t believe me just go downstairs right now and ask Ross.” She told me with a smirk as I blushed. “and thanks, you just helped me decide what to wear.” She said, pulling out a blue skirt and white top, much similar to my outfit. She got dressed and pulled out her jewelry. “Here, lets get you some too, then we can look at shoes.” She said, handing me some bracelets and a necklace and putting some on herself as well.

A few minutes later we were done, and checking our outfits in the mirror. We looked great. I couldn’t wait to see if the boys dressed up too. We laughed, realizing we all pretty much matched, without even trying.

“Where’s Ell?” Rydel asked the boys.

“He just left, his parents just got home, so they’re taking him, we’re gonna meet him there.” Rocky explained. “And Ry has a football game in a bit, so he just left with his friends to practice, we’re meeting up with them later.”

I looked at the boys. Riker was fixing his tie, Rocky was playing a guitar that just happened to be in the room, while talking with Rydel, and Ross was on his phone. I don’t even think he realized that we had walked into the room. I smirked, walking over and sitting down next to him on the couch.  In one quick move, I grabbed his phone out of his hand and stood up, holding it above my head. He finally looked at me, and smiled. Before getting a mischievous look on his face and smirking.

“Do you really think I can’t get that?” He said, standing up and grabbing his phone from me easily. Stupid height difference. Why’d he have to be like 5 inches taller? I asked myself. “You look beautiful by the way.” He whispered, causing me to blush.

“And you look handsome as well sir” I joked with him. He laughed, playing along in a fake accent. After awhile, we were interrupted by Stormie walking down the stairs and breaking up our conversation.

“Yes you’re both weirdos, let’s get going, we’ll be late.” She said, herding everyone towards the door. We all piled into the van, and since, once again, there wasn’t enough room, I had to sit on Ross’ lap. And let me tell you, it can be very awkward sitting on your best friends lap. Especially if it’s a guy. And you’re in a skirt. And you may or may not have a crush on this friend… Easy to say, I was a little uncomfortable. But just as we were beginning to drive off, Ross leaned forward a little.

“Relax. I’ve got you, and we’ll be there in no time.” He whispered in my ear, holding his arm around my waist.

“So you noticed?” I whispered back. He chuckled.

“You’ve been shaking since we left the front door.” He whispered, as I noticed this for the first time. After that, we fell into easy conversation with the rest of the car, me leaning back and relaxing instead of the awkward position I was in before. Just as Riker was finishing a hilarious joke, we pulled up to the church. With Stormie and Mark in the front, Riker climbed out of the back first, holding out his hand and helping me out, then Ross, then Rydel and Rocky,  who were behind us, and then all of their instruments, including Ell’s drums. I slung Ross’ guitar case over shoulder and we all walked inside. We were really early, so they could practice and stuff, so the place was pretty empty. I helped them set up, and then sat down to listen to them practice. They were still waiting on Ratliff though, for whatever reason, he hadn’t shown up yet.

“Courtney!” Ross said into the mic, breaking my thoughts. “Come here.” He said, passing his phone when I was close. “Call Ell.” He explained. I nodded and went outside to call him.