Chapter 7

Rydel still asleep. She was usually up right after Riker is. This wasn’t a good sign. Ross volunteered to wake her up and walked over to her.

“Hey, Rydel, wake up, come on” Ross said softly shaking her.  Slowly she woke up and opened her eyes.

“I’m up. Ross, I’ll be down in a minute.” She said, sitting up and looking at me. He smiled and walked back downstairs. She looked at me, running a hand through her messy hair.

“So what were you up to all night?” I asked, smirking.

“Ok, just don’t tell anyone, but I met this guy…” She told me, explaining the whole story with a huge grin. I smiled back, promising not to tell her brothers, and waiting for her to get ready, and we walked down arm in arm to breakfast. We each slipped into our seats, giving each other a look and slipping into the conversation.

“Everything okay??” Ross looked over at me, leaning over and whispering into my ear. I nodded, smiling. He smiled back, looking relieved, and leaning back towards his seat, just as his dad asked a question about the show tonight. I coughed, almost choking on my eggs as Ross patted my back, making sure I was ok. I almost forgot about the show! I nodded that I was ok, and everyone went back to their conversations.

10 minutes later~~

“Okay, everyone go get dressed. Ross, you’re on dishes.” Stormie said, standing up and walking towards the stairs as everyone got up from the table to shower and get dressed.

“Oh, and quick rehearsal in about an hour.” Riker called behind him as he walked up the stairs.

Since I had already showered, and knew that Riker was now converting my “bedroom” into a rehearsal space, I stayed behind, coming up behind Ross at the sink.

“Want some help?” I asked, picking up a towel from the counter. He smiled, scooting over, giving me space at the sink. We spent the rest of the time laughing and singing along to the radio that was in the kitchen.

“Alright, we’re finally done.” Ross said, draining the sink and wiping his hands on my towel as I dried the last dish. “We make a good team.” He said with a wink, bumping my hip before walking to the stairs. “I’m gonna go shower before band practice.” He called.

“Good. It’s about time.” I said with a smirk, plugging my nose. He just stuck his tongue out at me before running upstairs. Ten minutes later I was on the couch next to Ryland watching R5 rehearse. And before we knew it, it was time to get going to the venue. Soon, we pulled up, and the crowds were already waiting. The Lynches (and Ratliff, Duh) all piled out of the car, systematically pulling out their gear and beginning to walk inside, leaving me inside the car… got out, trying not to freak out or get eaten alive by the crowd. They all see me and freak out, asking who I am and practically attacking me. I’m about to hit the ground when arms envelop me, pulling me up and holding me close. I look up to see Ross, who’s now pulling me through the crowd, towards the band. When we’re through most of the way, he releases me, grabbing my hand instead. Finally, we were inside, and he let go of my hand, bumping me shoulder and smiling.

“You okay?” He asked. I nodded, giving him a look that said, ‘after you came, definitely…’  and smiled gratefully. “Good. We were worried. Now come on. They’re setting up.  

Soon, I was following Ryland around, as the band left to go get ready. We were setting up merch tables, and mike stands and all kinds of things when Mark came over to help.

“You’re doing a great job, we might have to hire you full time.” He said to me with a chuckle. I smiled in agreement. Soon it was time for the concert to begin and Ryland and I were assigned to record various parts of the show, taking pictures, and all kinds of things. I was volunteered to go backstage to record them huddling up (Ready set rock!) and just dancing around before they went on. It was hilarious.

After a long show, they finished up with all the meet and greets, and signings, and everything, and we packed up and headed out, Ross holding my hand “so I don’t get lost” the whole way. Once we got back to the house, I expected everyone to be exhausted, but they were FAR from it. Everyone was running around or yelling. Or both. They all took showers, and then the boys went to play video games, and Rydel and I hung out in her room.

“Sooo.. what was that with you and Ross today?” Rydel asked in a teasing voice as she was painting her nails. I hit her with a pillow.

“Nothing HAPPENED. He helped me out.” I said, shrugging.

“Oh come on. You guys were REALLY close. You can’t fake that kind of bond.” She said.

“Well, he doesn’t like me like that, we’re just friends. And besides, he’s like a celebrity, an I’m just a normal person..” I said, looking away.

“Hey, you’re amazing, and I can almost guarantee, he DOES like you. Do you like him?” She asked.

“I think I might…” I said, looking away and smiling to myself…

~~~~~~Meanwhile with the boys….~~~~~~Ross POV

We were all on the couch playing video games, well, 4 of us were playing, and Ratliff was waiting for his next turn. He crunched onto some chips next to me, as I was focused on the screen. 

“Sooooo.. What was with you and Courtney today??” He asked, elbowing me in the ribs. I could sense the teasing in his voice.

“Nothing…. We’re friends… why??” I asked, nervously.

“Oh come on man. That’s such a lie. There’s so much goin on there..” Rocky said, joining in. Ratliff nodded and I paused the game.

“There’s nothing going on. Why do you guys even think that!??!” I asked, frustrated. They just shrugged.

“Cuz you obviously like her.” Riker stated, simply, taking the bag of chips from Ratliff. I shrugged.

“maybe…” I said, scratching the back of my neck and pressing play again. “not that it matters, she doesn’t like me that way.” I said, shrugging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Riker’s POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Ross said that, I knew, he was delusional. I needed a plan to help him out. And I knew exactly what to do, starting with a visit to Rydel first thing tomorrow…                                                                                                                  

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am SOOO sorry! I've been trying to get this exactly how i want it, so it's a little hard. And  i have been doing nothing but school, so i'm really sorry this took so long. I'll try to have the next one up soon.             what do you think Riker's plan is???