Chapter Three

"Gerard."

"Hmm?" He didn't look up from the paper.

"Gerard, I need tampons."

Gerard groaned, dropping his face in his hands. "Fucking Christ, Lindsey."

"I'm sorry!" She grinned, not looking apologetic at all. "But you have to get them for me; I'm on my last pad and I'm not walking to the store with a red stain on my butt. Here," she handed him a twenty dollar bill. "Pick up a tub of ice cream for me, too. It'll help with my cramps."

"I don't see why I have to get your female necessities," Gerard argued, shoving the money into his pocket. He knew trying to reason with her would do no good, but he tried anyway. "This is my room, I should be telling you to buy me tampons. Wait, what?"

"You suck at arguments," Lindsey teased, nudging him to the door. "Go fast. I'll take care of Mikey. Where is he anyway?"

"His room," Gerard answered, pulling on his jacket. "I'll get your stupid tampons. Don't mess anything up."

"No promises," Lindsey called after him.

Gerard walked down the steps to the front entrance. He informed the receptionist of his desired location and headed out.

He bought himself a cup of coffee before walking in the store. Taking a drink of the warm liquid, he approached one of the employees. This was the part he always hated. This and checking out.

He felt his face heat up as he asked where the tampons were. Damn you Lindsey. Luckily, the woman was mature about it and pointed him to the right aisle.

There only one other person in the aisle: and elderly lady looking at a bright pink thong. Gerard looked away quickly as his cheeks turned pink. He could feel the woman's eyes on him as he awkwardly grabbed the nearest box.

"Gerard?"

He knew that voice. "Hey, Frankie," he said, turning around to face her.

Frankie eyed the box he was holding. "Why are you..."

"Lindsey," he mumbled, suddenly aware of the lady, who was still staring at him. He hastily his the box behind his back. "Why are you here?"

"I was looking for..." she trailed off. "Never mind. It doesn't matter."

Gerard didn't push it. "Okay."

Frankie then noticed the lady staring at them. "I'll check out with you," she said, directing them to the front of the store.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" She asked when he was done. "We could grab a coffee and walk around."

"I'd like that," Gerard answered. He was done with his first cup anyway.

They picked up a drink each and wandered around the town together until Frankie spotted a music store. She started to walk in its direction.

"I need to pick up a guitar string," she explained as she pushed open the door. "You can look around if you want."

There were about a million guitars in the store. Some were acoustic, some were electric, some were both. Gerard scanned the room in awe. There was a person playing a twelve-string guitar like it was the easiest thing in the world. Show-off.

Frankie walked per next to him. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah... you play guitar, right?" Gerard asked, not really paying attention to her question.

"Oh, yeah, I do." Frankie said.

"Can you play something for me?"

"Um..." Frankie looked around. "Right now? I'm not even that good..."