Cuts and Bruises Part 4

Recap
Then all of a sudden the door was kicked in.

"FREEZE! PUT YOUR HANDS UP!" It was the police they were here to save me! A police officer ripped Peter off of me. I was still hazy from the blows to the head.

"You're safe now sweetie, he can't hurt you anymore." Whispered the police officer. Then I blacked out.

I was finally safe.
-------------

My mind was a haze. All I could hear was beep...beep...beep. Was I in the hospital? I tried to open my eyes but they felt heavy, like something was weighing them down.

I started to gain feeling in the rest of my body. I could feel something in my left hand. I could hear someone crying. Who was here? Now I realize it was someone's hand in mine.

I want to open my eyes so bad, but I can't. Why can't I open my eyes? What's going on? After laying there for a while I heard the door open. Did the person leave? Or did someone else come in?

"Hi I'm Doctor Smith. May I ask what your name is?"

"Hi Doctor, I'm Brooklyn, her boyfriend." So it was Brooklyn who was here. "What's wrong with her."

"Well her foster dad hit her head really hard. So she does have a severe concussion. But I also have some bad news."

"W-what is it? Is she okay?"

"Well her body couldn't take all the pain from the beating so she went into a coma. It's her bodies way of saying she needs to rest so she can heal. But we don't know when she will wake up." So that's why I can't wake up. I'm in a coma. What if I never wake up? I heard the door open and close, then someone grab my hand.

"Hey babe. I don't know if you can hear me-" oh trust me I can hear you. "but please wake up. I feel like this is all my fault. I should have noticed, how distant you were at ties. And I noticed the bruises sometimes but I told myself not to worry. Oh how I wish now that I worried. If I would have said something you wouldn't be here. You would be safe. But princess please wake up. I don't think I'd be able to live without you. I want you, no I NEED you to wake up. Right now. I need you in my life. You keep me sane, you keep me grounded. Without you I would go crazy. Please I need my crazy, clumsy girlfriend." He pauses for a second letting out a chuckle. "Just please wake up. Please princess wake up... for me."

2 months later

I've been in a coma for 2 months now. I want to wake up so bad but I can't my body isn't ready yet. Brooklyn has come to visit me everyday for the past 2 months. When he has school he comes right after he gets out and stays until his parents call him yelling at him to come home. And on weekends or breaks he stays all day and sometimes stays the night. Brooklyn, Victoria, and David were here.

"Here's some money, why don't you go and get something to eat, love." Victoria said to who I'm guessing is Brooklyn.

"Thanks mum but I'm good."

"Please, honey. You haven't eaten anything in a while." Victoria said.

"Come one Brook listen to your mother please, and go get something to eat." David said. Brooklyn let out a sign but agreed.

"If anything happens call me right away please." Brooklyn said before he walked out the door. I heard Victoria let out a sigh before speaking.

"I'm worried about him David. He barely eats, and I can tell he's not sleeping. His teachers have even called and said he hasn't been paying attention in school. And he spends all his time here. What happens if she doesn't wake up? He's going to take it so hard."

"I know you're worried about him, love, but she will wake up. And we could just talk to Brooklyn and tell him he needs to pay attention in school and to be home more."

"Maybe it would be better if we told him he couldn't come visit at all anymore."

"Love, don't you think that's a little too much." Victoria let out a sigh.

"I know it is. But I hate seeing my baby like this."

"I know love, but everything will be okay." A couple minutes passed before I heard the door open and I heard Brooklyn walk in.

"Were going to go home, honey. Please don't stay too long."

"Ok mum I won't. I love you guys." After Brooklyn told his parents bye, he grabbed a chair and placed it by my bed. He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on my hang then forehead.

"Hey love. How are you? I hope you're doing okay. Its been really shitty without you. I barely sleep and eat anymore. My grades have dropped in school. I know you wouldn't want me to do this, but since you're not here I really don't have the motivation. Please princess wake up. I need to go but I'll be back tomorrow like always. I love you." Brooklyn got up gave me another kiss on the forehead and left.

It's been about an hour since Brooklyn left. When all of a sudden I was able to move my fingers. My eye lids didn't feel as heavy anymore. I was waking up! I opened my eye lids and was met by a bright light. My eyes adjusted to the light and I looked around. I found the button to call the nurse and pressed it. The nurse walked in and gasped.

"You're awake. I thought it was that boy who always comes to visit you asking for something. Oh this is amazing! I'll go get the doctor. Do you need anything, love?'

"W-water." My voice was raspy from not talking.

"Okay. I'll be right back". The nurse left then quickly came back with some water. I thanked her and sipped on my water while I waited for the doctor. After a while the door opened to reveal the doctor.

"Hi (y/n). I'm Dr. Smith. How are you feeling?"

"Fine actually."

"That's great! Well let me explain everything to you. You went into a coma because of your step father-"

"Where is my step father is? Is he going to be able to hurt me again?" I said cutting him off.

"No. He's in jail right at this moment."

"Where's Brooklyn?"

"Oh the young man who came here everyday, we have contacted him and he said he was on his way. I have to get to some other patients but if you have any other questions please ask." He got up and left. I was by myself again.

I was laying in bed when the door flew open. There stood a tear eyed Brooklyn. I felt my eye tear up from not seeing him in so long. He had dark circles under his eyes, and a snap pack on. He looked tired. He ran up and gave me the biggest hug. He pulled away to only connect our lips seconds later. It was the most passionate kiss we have shared. We pulled away, he wrapped me in his arms again.

"You're awake." He whispered.

"I love you Brook. So much."

"I love you too princess." For the rest of the night we laid in each others arms not wanting to let go.

I finally felt safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So I was finally able to update. Also this is the last part of the Cuts and Bruises Series. Sorry that the ending is so crappy I just want to finish up this series so I can get into other stuff. I have some great ideas coming up. So please vote and comment letting me know what you think. And sorry if there are any mistakes.