10. Foolishness and feelings

I was jumping playfully around the forest, making all the leaves on the ground scatter and rustle around me, while Hiyori looked down on the ground, probably thinking about things that a silly God like me can't understand.

Yukine on the other hand, looked like he was basically shipping us, doing gestures with his hands and smiling weirdly.

"I'll be eating Hiyori-chan's hand-made food! Ahahaa" I said and dived into the leaves on the ground, trying to swim.
I was really happy. My stomach even made a gurgling noise of happieness.

I stopped splashing around like a retarded fish on land, and felt someone watching me.
As I looked up I saw Yukine doing a facepalm, and Hiyori looking weirdly at me, before getting pink in the face.
She was probably thinking that I'm hungry, and that my hunger would disappear as soon as I got to eat her food.
Even though I don't need to eat food to survive, I could still feel hunger which was annoying as heck.

"Yato..." Hiyori suddenly speaks up while looking at me with a straight face.

"Yes my angel hehehe"

"What did you do to my brother's clothes that I lent you?''

I suddenly stopped movinng at all and felt sweat drops down my face.
"Well you see..." I took a short break to breathe for a bit.
"They're underneath my track suit hehe..." I could feel my face getting all sweaty as I spoke and did an awkward smile.

"You mean, underneath your sweaty track suit that is dirty with mud and leaves beCAUSE YOU'RE ROLLING AROUND IN THE DIRT LIKE A PIG." Hiyori pointed furiously at me which made me yelp while I jumped up and tried to quickly brush off all the dirt from my clothes. 

"I'M SORRY HIYORIIIIII."  I cried while talking because I realized what a dumb-dumb God I currently was.

Yukine rolled his eyes and sighed, as he approached me and put is hand on my shoulder.
He had a calm and sensational expression, as he looked like he was about to give me an important advice on life.
I smiled at him as I waited for him to talk.
"First of all Yato..." He pointed his finger up.
"If you're trying to impress a girl like Hiyori to be with you..."
Hiyori looked confused at Yukine's current speech.
"Yes, then what?" I asked curiously as I awaited the final moment of truth.
"Then you're doing it wrong." I opened my mouth in surprise.
"Then how should I do it?" I asked.
"It's simple..." I nodded at every word Yukine said to me.
But then I realized that Yukine changed his expression into a dark and evil one.
"You don't"

"HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH!?" I shouted madly as Yukine disappointed me deeply.
"Come on Hiyori, let's leave this loser." Yukine said and stroked his hair with his left hand.
"WAIT WHAT, DIDN'T YOU SHIP US TWO?" I reached out my hand to grab Yukine, but he was a little too far.
"EEEEEEEEEEH?!" Hiyori shouted as she heard me talk.

"Well yeah I maaaybeee ship you, buuuut you're a total loser, so I'm worried if the ship will sail or not."
Yukine raised his shoulders and began to walk away from us.

"W-WAIT YUKINEEE, WAIT FOR US!" Without thinking, I grabbed Hiyori's hand, and as I did, I heard a yelp coming from her, but I ignored it and kept dragging us both to Yukine-kun.

*

We were now standing in front of the door to Kofuku's house. I hesitated to knock, but I knew I had to do it sooner or later.
I took a deep breath. And exhaled.
"Are you going to knock or what?" Yukine asked with a muttered tone.
"YES, YES, Just wait for a min-"