5. Her hair

I didn't even realize that I fell asleep.
I was so tired, and the couch was very comfortable. The quiet atmosphere in the room was calming.
But even though it was quiet, and I was lying on the very comfortable couch with a blanket and pillow.
I still somehow woke up.

I rubbed my forehead with my arm and blinked my eyes as I tried to see anything in the pitch-black dark room.
I tried to fall asleep again

But it just didn't work.

I decided to get up.
Sighing, I stumbled across the room to find the switch and hit my pinkie on something. And by something I mean something I couldn't see because it was dark.

I found the switch and turned it on.
The strong sudden light made me blink my eyes furiously as they had gotten used to the dark.

What was I going to do now?
I could either go and see if Hiyori's asleep, if not, we could maybe talk about things...or I could walk around her house, trying to find something to do.

I slowly began to walk to the kitchen.
I didn't know why. Just because I had to start off somewhere.

I turned the switch on and looked around. Suddenly I got an idea.

~Small timeskip~

I heard footsteps coming from outside the kitchen coming this way.
I figured it must be Hiyori.

Just a couple of secounds later she was standing in the doorway looking at me with a confused empty expression.

"Yato..." She stared at me.
"What are you doing!?"

"Baking muffins..."
I said as I mixed several igredients in a bowl with a spoon.

"Why are you baking MUFFINS AT 5 IN THE MORNING!?" Suddenly she yelled out, looking annoyed, pointing at the clock on the wall.

"And why AREN'T YOU SLEEPING!?"
I turned my head around to face her while still mixing the igredients.

"I could ask THE SAME ABOUT YOU."

"...couldn't fall asleep." I said awkwardly and scratched my back, smiling awkwardly.

"So you couldn't fall asleep, and now you're baking MUFFINS?"

"WELL WHY NOT?" The mixture was done and I poured the batter into the muffin cups.

"Well...eh...it's weird you know."
Hiyori looked like she didn't know how to respond.

"Just go to bed already." I said and continued to pour the batter.

Hiyori seemed like she had calmed down and exhaled.

"I can't go back to sleep, but I heard you were making noises, so I came to check what you were doing."

"Oh"

It was quiet again as Hiyori stood still in her pj's and as I finished pouring the batter in the cups and put them in the pre-heated oven.

I leaned towards the table and sighed.

"They will be done in about 30 minutes, what are you planning to do until then?" I asked.