Chapter 3

Beep! Beep!

            Ugh. The clock read 9:00 A.M.. That's nowhere close to when I wake up. I reached over to my phone to see who wanted me at this ungodly hour.

            MY BEST FRIEND <3: Hey! Forgot to tell you! Cameron asked me out last night! We need to get me a sexy outfit for tonight! Mall?? xo

            I rolled my eyes at the text. Only Chris would think of telling me right now when she knew I slept until at least eleven on weekends.

            No. I texted back hastily. I rolled back over and snuggled in the warm embrace of my blankets. Beep! Beep! I huffed and snatched the phone to read what she said once again.

            MY BEST FRIEND<3: Pleaseeee?

            ME: No.

            MY BEST FRIEND <3: Pretty please??? With a cherry on top…with possible Subway?

            Ugh. She knew me too well. I absolutely loved Subway, and she knew I would give in for a free sub. Whatever, maybe I could get her to buy me a new pair of UGGS.

            ME: Fine. But only if a pair of UGGS are thrown in there! :)

            MY BEST FRIEND <3: Sure, sure! Thanks so much Em, love you! xo So 10:30?

            ME: Yeah, that’s okay with me. See ya soon.

            Well, I better get up now that the clock said 9:15. It would take me at least forty-five minutes to get ready, and I would still have around twenty more to get something to eat for breakfast.

             I walked to my personal bathroom and stripped down to get into the shower. I turned on the water and waited until it got warmer. I stuck my hand in to feel when the right temperature sprayed out, not too hot and not too cold. Once I had found it, I turned around and put my hair under to get it wet. I did my usual routine and ended up standing there for a few seconds feeling the cool tendrils dancing and cascading down my back.

            I quickly dried myself off and turned around to the mirror. I wiped off the fog and studied myself. The girl who stared back at me had long and straight dark brown hair, glimmering emerald green eyes―although the left eye was slightly bigger than the right―a slender nose, thin eyebrows, and tan skin. I knew that the girl absolutely hated her eyelashes though because they were not very long and didn’t curl like most.

            The girl looked happy, with no trace of sadness or depression from the past six months.

         Tucking the towel within itself and around my body, I took my toothbrush, slapping on some Colgate toothpaste and began to brush away. 

            Once I was done, I headed back to my room. I picked out a pair of panties and a bra and slid them on. Next was to find a nice outfit for the trip to the mall. I needed something flirty since maybe they’ll be some cute boys there. After a small debate, I chose a pair of multicolored Aztec shorts and a long sleeved see-through white blouse to match. I also found gold sandals to go with the outfit.

            Heading into the bathroom again, I brushed my eyelids with a neutral but a shimmering eye shadow, curled my eyelashes to swipe mascara on, and dabbed some foundation onto my skin. Putting on deodorant, I was finally satisfied with my look. The last thing I needed was to spray some Ralph Lauren perfume on myself.