Chapter 11: I can't do this alone.

Allison's POV:

The wind whistled through the house mimicking my sleepless slumber.  Stirring in the bed I couldn’t find a specific position where it didn’t shoot a sharp pain throughout my entire body.  Tossing and turning I was vaguely aware of the weather changing into something dark and cold almost mimicking my entirety. Tap.Tap. My eyes flew open to the foreign sound frantically searching through the darkness of the room.  Tap.tap. Thinking it may just be the tree branches hitting the window outside my eyes fluttered closed hoping to get some rest.

“Allison.” My eyes flew open frantically sitting up in the bed looking for the source of sound. Thump. Thump. Pulling the covers slowly away, my feet hit the white carpet only to be met with a cold liquid.  Stepping slightly back my hands flew to my mouth upon coming in eye contact with the red spot in the shape of a footprint.

“Allison.” Snapping my head in front of me, there were several more footprints on the ground leading out into the hallway.  Slowly stepping forward I made sure not to take the same path as the footprints as my body almost reached the white wooden door.  Turning the small golden knob a slight creak could be heard through the silence of the night.  As soon as my feet hit the cold wooden floors my nose was intoxicated by a strange musky smell. 

Pretty…pretty…pretty.”  My head whipped to the side only to be met with something that I thought would forever hold a sort of special fear within me.  Carson stood at the opposite end of the hallway just watching.  Backing away from him, his movements forward mirrored my movements backwards. Not taking a second look I turned around bolting the other way only to run straight into something hard.

Why you runnin love.”  Carson’s cold hard eyes bore into mine before his fist rose into the air causing an ear-piercing scream to fall from my lips. 

Jolting up my hands ran over the comforter as my eyes hurriedly searched the room.  Seeing that everything was back to normal and I was still sitting in my bed I took a breath to try and steady my breathing.  It was just a dream Allison.  Only it really wasn’t some horrible nightmare that I could wake up from and eventually forget all about it; it’s a memory I’ll always have sketched into my brain. 

Running my hands through my hair, my eyes fell on a tiny white note on the pillow beside me.  Picking it up, a small smile spread onto my face.

Ali,

If you wake up before I come back, which I hope you don’t, I’ve gone to the store to pick up some pain medication for you.  I figured you would need the sleep and didn’t want to bother waking you up. 

Louis took Charlotte back to our hotel last night, she’s completely fine only extremely worried about you.  I think we all are.

I hope by being gone you don’t get the wrong impression.  I told you I would stay with you, and I’ll be here for as long as you need me Ali.  I won’t leave your side until you physically remove me from it.

Hopefully you were able to get some much needed sleep, and didn’t worry about anything too much. 

Just remember, you’re always beautiful in my eyes.

Harry. X

Folding the paper neatly as to not crinkle the pages, my fingers trailed along the edges.  I had forgotten about Harry in my panicked state this morning.  He was there for me last night in more ways then one.  When Carson was towering over me and I couldn’t find the strength to fight back anymore, I had come to the exception that I would either die or pass out cold by his persistent hits.  Thinking about the way Harry was so concerned and almost non-judgmental made me see him in a different light.  The last thing I would ever want anyone to do is pity me; he just knew all the right things to do and all the right things to say.