Chapter 3:Warzone~

Allison’s POV:

4 exams, 2 weeks, and 1 mental breakdown later.

Both my mind and body were extremely exhausted from the following past weeks.  My daily routine had literally consisted of studying, studying, break, and then more studying.  By the end of midterms I found it astonishingly shocking that my mind even had the capacity to do simple things such as walking.  The last of the torturous exams was today and it was the worst.  Feeling finally free from school my hand reached opened the door to my apartment and wanting to sleep for eternity I made my way towards the staircase.

“WE’RE FINALLY DONE!” Tripping up the stairs my head whirled around only to find the source of the reason as to why I almost had a bloody heart attack at such a young age, I was met with the one and only Charlotte.

“Jesus H. Christ Char…you almost sent me into cardiac arrest.”  Picking up the folders my hands dropped in a sense of panic I continued my journey up the endlessly winding staircase. 

“Sorry babes…. but I’m just so excited midterms are over!  Oh and before I forget flowers came for you so I put them in your bedroom.”  Snaking her eyebrows like she was some sneaky spy I found her prancing up the stairs as if she was on a goddamn pony.  How she had this much energy when we had literally been up for the past two weeks was utterly mysterious.  Dragging my feet onto the ridiculously white carpet in my room I was met by a very large, overly large bouquet of flowers.  Gently grabbing the handwritten card laying in the middle of the flowers my eyes scanned the card.

To my baby on her Birthday.

I hope you have a wonderful day.

Be ready at 6 for a Birthday dinner,

Carson. X

My mind didn’t even have time to be momentarily confused as my prying best friend snatched the card away from my hands.  I watched as her eyes went from admiration to complete and utter disappointment.  Scoffing I watched as the card fluttered out of her hands and lay almost camouflaged amongst the pure white carpet.  Turning to face me, from previous experiences I knew exactly what was about to happen and wanting to stop it my mouth started to pour out words.

“Carson’s a really good guy Char.”  Her eyes widened and briefly I had wished I could take back the previous statement.

“Oh he’s wonderful Ali.” Sarcasm so evidently dripped through her words that I found it merely impossible to not feel offended from them.

“He is.  He sent me this beautiful bouquet for my Birthday.” Sneering back at her she let out a big chuckle as if it were the funniest thing she had heard in her entire life.

“Allison, it’s not even your birthday.”  Sighing, my features grew less angry as I realized she was absolutely right…it wasn’t even close to my Birthday.

“I know but it’s close enough…he probably just got the dates mixed up.  Plus, he’s been really busy lately.”  Lying to her but especially to myself.

“Your Birthday is in 4 months, and when does he ever have time for you Ali?  You don’t deserve all of this…you should be with someone who actually cares for you.”  Plopping down onto the bed my fingers started to massage my temples.  Wanting to drop the subject all together I looked up at her pleadingly.  We had had endless amount of arguments on the subject of Carson and I, but I was in no mood whatsoever to deal with yet another one.

“Just drop it Char.”  Getting off the bed my feet quickly made their way over to my closet.  Walking in I turned on the ridiculously expensive looking chandelier that was supposed to resemble some sort of light.  I suppose that’s what you get when your parents decorate your apartment though.