Chapter 2:To Chance Then~

Allison’s POV:

2 days, 4 hours, 10 minutes, and 30 seconds since my little encounter with Harry Styles had happened.  Besides the persistent pleas from Charlotte to reply to his tweet I had somehow managed to dodge all responsibility of a reply.  Not wanting to have any connection to him whatsoever changing my Twitter name had briefly crossed my mind only to be shot down by the mere fact of laziness.  Already having enough to juggle in my life with a newly boyfriend, and with the studies for the University I was attending getting extremely timely I didn’t need the extra stress in my life.  Looking around the room I internally groaned, as the mess was extremely evident.  Notes and textbooks were strewn everywhere and the fact that my feet hadn’t tripped over something yet was an absolute miracle.  Who knew taking Psychology with the focus on Social Work would result in the untimely death of myself. Not wanting to go completely insane I decided to take a break and head over to my unhealthy obsession…Starbucks.  Deciding to walk because almost every day in Beverly Hills was a nice day I grabbed my phone and my keys and headed out the door. Passing by the same trees and same houses it wasn’t long until boredom got the best of me and I found myself scrolling through Twitter.

@ItsCharlottebaby @ItsAl I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages! Where the heck have you been?!

@ItsAl @ItsCharlottebaby I’ve been trying to cram for my exams! I’m headed out to Starbucks right now for a quick break…meet me?

Mindlessly waiting for a reply my mind didn’t even realize that I was standing in front of Starbucks until my feet had completely walked right past it. Stopping in the middle of the sidewalk I retraced my steps and was finally in the never-ending line of the only thing that kept me remotely sane during the school year.

“What can I get for you.” The man behind the counter looked endlessly bored with his entire life as he stared at me with the utmost impatience I thought I had ever seen.

“Venti Vanilla Latte…please.”  Scoffing he quickly turned around mumbling something I figured he couldn’t even hear.  In less then two minutes, although to him I’m positive it felt like an hour he held his long boney hand out towards me.  Not grabbing it quick enough for what he thought was acceptable I found his hands forcefully push the latte in my hand causing some of it to spill over my hand.  Internally wincing the coffee was absolutely scorching hot. 

“5.95” The man bluntly said as he held his hand out once again like a greedy four year old asking for another cookie.  Standing there with a dumbfounded expression my mind couldn’t process the fact that he so evidently didn’t give two shits about the hot coffee that was now all over me.  Looking down blisters could be seen starting to form on my hand.  When I said the coffee was scorching hot I meant that it was fucking hot.

“Allison?”  Flickering my eyes to the right they were met by those same green eyes that only two days ago had me regretting going to a bloody mall of all places.  Sighing out loud this time I briefly looked back to the man behind the counter who now seemed to be fuming. 

“I said, 5.95.”  Not even trying to hide his blunt rudeness his hand once again was placed greedily in front of me.  Scrunching my eyebrows my fingers reached down into my pocket to retrieve the only thing that could potentially stop Jason as his nametag read from throwing a full on tantrum.  Just as the money was about to reach his moving fingers my hand was abruptly stopped. 

“What happened to your hand.” My eyes met a concerned looking Harry and I briefly had the time to think why the hell Harry fucking Styles had to be in the same coffee shop as me.  As my mouth was about to open with some sort of sarcastic reply ready to fly out, the money that was in my hand was rudely snatched away.  Turning towards the man my mouth opened once again only to be bloody interrupted for the second time.