12.) Spiritual Ascend

This chapter's dedicated to TheWerePanda for the banner at the side ------->

I love blue.... xD

Oh yeah...and check out Spongebob98's story entitled: The Room. It's really awesome if you're into that Horror and Short Story kind of thing. 

But anyway....

ENJOY!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter twelve:

I heard two other screams and I instantly knew them as Elaine and Tori. They, too, had let go of the rods when that bright light appeared all of a sudden.

I prayed that my death wouldn't be too painful and that it would be quick and clean. I didn't want the people who were the last to see me remember me as a bloody girl. Argh...

But surprisingly, the pain didn't come. I slowly opened my eyes to see my face just inches from the ground. Oh my Go--This was just like what happened with ELAINE!!!!

I suddenly felt being floated off and the next thing I know, I'm dropped on the hard ground. I hear two other 'oomphs' as Elaine and Tori were being dropped as well.

The adrenaline was quickly wearing off and I felt a great sense of weariness over take my body. I breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm my nerves down.

I looked all around me and saw the Spirits together with Julie and Sophie, crowded over something. What were they looking at?

I struggled to get to my feet. As soon as I was up, I helped Elaine and Tori. They mumbled their thanks and then we headed straight for the group.

The first thing I saw was blood.

Blood was everywhere. It was on the soft green grass, on the white carnations that grew near the group, on Julie and on Sophie. I was getting worried someone might have gotten hurt.

Then that's when I saw...her.

She was small, smaller than Tori and she looked around fifteen years old. She had long black hair that was supposed to shine but then it was messy and knotty. She had soft, creamy skin but it was covered in blood. She would have looked peaceful and beautiful if not for her arm.

Tori let out a small whimper and shudder as she saw the long, deep gash that reached from shoulder blade to elbow. It was gruesome and bloody...and it was fresh. Blood was still leaking out of the wound.

Although that was the worst wound visible, that wasn't the only one. Scratches could be found everywhere on her little body. Her clothes were ripped and more wounds could be seen.

"Where did she come from?" Elaine asked as she laid eyes on all the Spirits.

"And what happened to her?" Tori mumbled. She knelt down on one knee and fumbled around, looking for a pulse.

"We don't know," Faye answered them both.

"C'mon," Sophie said as she got up from her place beside Julie. "Let's get her to the nursing tent. We need to heal her wounds before it's too late. Let's just ask her questions when she wakes up."

Julie and I ended up being the ones to bring her to the tent. There, Megan began doing her magical stuff, forcing us to stay outside the tent and get our weapons.

For a second there, I had literally forgotten why we had the race. All thoughts about getting my weapon were erased as soon as I fell from the monkey bars. Wow.