10.) Spiritual Ascend

Finally! It's fixed :))

Enjoy!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter ten:

"Are you ready?" Nate whispered in my ear, making me slightly shiver.

"I think," I whispered back.

"Break a leg," He moved back and went to stand in the room corner to stare at me while I did my breathing rituals to calm all my nerves down. I closed my eyes and began.

Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in.

I felt him move again, only to stay beside me, his eyes on me. I suddenly felt conscious with what I was wearing. My mind was on panic mode. What did he think of my dress? Does he think it's nice or very bad? Does he think it's too much?

I peeked open one eye to glance at him and to take in that very well-fit body, which that classy tuxedo was obscuring from my view. I looked back at the mirror only to be met by my reflection. I studied myself in it. I had only placed little make-up on namely some blush-on and mascara. I didn't want to look like a sad clown if I overdid my Juliet look.

And yes, today was Thursday and you know what that means. It was finally the day of the dreaded role play. Nate and I were currently backstage with the other performers. We shared a room with Tori and Victor but they had already performed a few minutes ago.

I have to say, they did it perfectly. They both got past that jabbing war thing and had both settled to practice the play and make their props.

Tori made the props just perfectly as well. She had gone to overdrive in the past few days. She had stayed up late to finish painting all the different scenes in Romeo and Juliet. And trust me, they were all done to the finest detail. She always had a creative side to her.

The pair who was acting right now was Miguel Florida and Julia Woods. They didn't do much with the props and their play. It was just like they were acting out in front of their parents. It was like they just didn't care as long as they had a grade. Ugh. What a bunch of amateurs. I bet they didn't even understand the sad story of Romeo and Juliet.

I had to stop thinking about them. They were just my classmates. What I had to be worrying about now was Nate and I. We were up next.

Well, I had to admit, Nate was a very good actor. He knew how to portray Romeo's act perfectly. It wasn't too much and it wasn't too light. It was just right. I smiled a I thought of the times in the past few days-it was very limited though, due to the training the Spirits were giving us. I only had an hour to be with him for the last two days-when he recited the lines to me.

"And up next," I heard Mr. H's voice echo throughout the auditorium. It sounded like he was smiling at the seriousness our whole group put on the plays...well maybe most of our group. I even think it made his day. "Are Nathan Gray and Leah Sparks! Let's give them a round of applause."

There was a bunch of half-hearted clapping before silence filled the room. I nodded at Nate and we both stepped out and into the spotlight. But before we were completely in the middle of it all, Nate reached out and took my hand in his. I didn't recoil from it but met him halfway. I looked up to those incredibly soft blue eyes of his and smiled. He returned it, twice as warm. My heart swelled to thrice its size. What was wrong with me?