1.) Spiritual Ascend

Dedicated to my VERY helpful best friend AbbyTAR for helping me today! LUV YAH!

Well this is my very first story....hopefully it will be a bit successful ....

AND IGNORE ALL THE WRONG SPELLINGS please...I am just a teenager who loves to read and write so just PLEASE..hahahah...anyway...

ENJOY!!!!

============================================================================

Chapter one:

It was a sunny afternoon--the kind kids wanted to last forever. I looked up and felt the sun hit my face with warmth just like the rays caressing the treetops that fringed the park. Multi-colored butterflies flew freely amongst the flower patches that were scattered throughout the park. It made me at ease.

It would have been a sweet dream if I wore something I like. But then, things don't turn out the way you like. So now, I was wearing the shortest dress I have ever worn in the history of my wardrobe. I didn't care if it was purple, my favorite color, it was still embarrassing and plus it had a plunging neckline and it manage to show some cleavage which I never knew I had. I was also wearing very high heels; it was a death trap. It was so embarrassing and uncomfortable. It was so not...me.

I tried to look for the nearest dress store so that I could remove the thing I was wearing and change into a much more comfortable outfit. But then my eyes landed on someone. He was tall and had a familiar face. Someone I see everyday and who makes my heart skip a beat: Chris Rodriguez.

He was moving in my direction and the next thing I knew, he was sitting beside me while holding my hand the way I always dreamed of ever since the sixth grade. His hand was smooth and soft when he lifted it to my face but when I looked up into his eyes, my mind screamed with fear. Those were not the warm, chocolate brown eyes I loved.

They were cold and bitter and they seemed to pull the worst fear from the deepest part of my mind to the front and that was all I could think of. And he did pull out my worst fear: hurting my family. It was horrible! I could see my mom hanged, my dad starting to be chopped and my little sister placed in a tank full of acid.

I looked away from his eyes and ran, though how I did it in these heels, I never knew. But that didn't matter right now, it was the guy who was seating beside me. I didn't care if he was Chris-he was a nightmare. It was an impostor, it had to be, and how did he pull my greatest fear out?

I ran out of the park, and still continued running because I knew he was following me and sure enough, when I looked back, I saw him following and he was catching up. I put on a burst of speed but after a few minutes I began to tire out. He was gaining on me. I continued running but my legs suddenly gave way and I went sprawling, surprisingly, into someone.

I looked up and was scared I would see another of Chris's minions but instead, I saw Nathan Gray. His hands were even softer than Chris's and his eyes were full of some emotion I didn't recognize. He helped me up and pushed me behind him. I saw him take a protective stance with slight sneer on his mouth. Chris was walking towards us, he was calm and was not even breathing heavily. That was so not fair, he ran on the same speed as me.

And then he spoke, and it was not in the voice of Chris Rodriguez, it was in the voice of someone who was really cold and bitter and who knew he could win this battle easily.

"I'm glad you care so much about her, Gray, but apparently you've run out of time. The news on the street is, you broke up with her because you didn't feel anything for her, not anymore. But I know better. You gave up on her because you couldn't stand the thought of her being tortured."