Chapter 20 - The Show

5 YEARS LATER

“We have been Fearless Vampire Killers, and we are at war with the thirst” Laurence screamed into the mic, causing the crowd to cheer and scream in delight.

Shane started off the tune to our last song of the night, causing Drew to run around the stage with his bass like a nutter. First he ran to my side, smiling up at me, pulling a stupid face as he left to run up to Shane. He ran around Shane before leaning up to kiss Shane quickly, setting off another cheer from the crowd.

“When you go

Will you promise me the world

And make me cry

If you die” Laurence sang before moving over to me, standing behind me and resting his hand on my shoulder.

“Bloody sheets

What I've give to make you bleed

And have you mine

Again” He moved his hand down my back and grabbed my ass, making me squeak slightly before he smiled at me and leant down to the crowds. Luckily it was dark and they couldn’t see my blush.

Laurence finished the song and we left the stage. The crowd was chanting our band name as we left and I felt a wave of excitement wash over me. This is what I lived my life for, the band, the music, the fans. We all rushed into the room backstage and I collapsed onto Laurence. Drew and Shane, or the timids as they were affectionately called by the fans, were stood in the corner in each other’s embrace. Luke was busy starting to take apart his drum kit. I felt Laurence’s arms snake around my chest.

“So Kemp, it’s the last night of tour. What we going to do to celebrate?” He whispered into my ear.

“Well. I thought we’d pack up the stuff, meet some fans, then go home and sleep. What do you think?” I teased him slightly.

“Oh Kier, don’t be so boring” He whined.

“I’m only joking Bevers don’t worry. We have that hotel room booked remember” I purred and saw Laurence’s face light up. I was about to lean forwards to kiss him but was interrupted when Drew jumped forwards and landed with a thud on top of me.

“Come on you two. You have all night for kissing and what not. Right now we’ve got some fans to meet. The longer we keep them waiting, the more we get swamped when we get out there. Now come on, they might have cake.” Drew chirped. He removed himself from on top of me and took his place once more by Shane’s side.

“Come on Kier, lets go. We can pick up where we left off later.” Laurence said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I laced my arms around his neck and looked into his hazel eyes. “I love you Laurence Beveridge”

He smiled “And I love you to Kier Kemp” He said before kissing me softly.

He took my hand in his and I stood proudly next to his side, where I belonged. It had taken us a while, but life was finally perfect.