Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Hours later, Mandy slept deeply in his arms. Akkadi held her against him tightly, not wanting to let go. The combination of their need was explosive – beyond anything he ever experienced or imagined possible with a mate. He understood why his cousins lined up at his door to claim Mandy, though he couldn’t help feeling as though lovemaking with her would be unlike anything he would go through with any other woman, Naki or human.

After the battle on the Kini planet, he found it almost impossible to contain the emotions he’d freed. They roared to life once more when he touched Mandy. Even now, they were intense within him, demanding he claim her again and again.

He ran his fingers through her hair and buried his face in the nape of her neck, loving her scent. Her pliant body was too compelling; he couldn’t keep his hands from running the length of her supple, soft skin to explore the dips and mounds of her feminine form. He’d never been fascinated by any Naki consort’s body.

He rested his head back on his pillow, content with the warm body in his arms. No Naki would let him do what he’d done with Mandy. Kissing was a formality, a token of appreciation not meant to be enjoyed. Sex with a Naki was perfunctory, the unspoken agreement between two logical parties that sex should be performed only when necessary. Never for pleasure.

With Mandy, everything had been pleasure. His penis was hard again with his need to sink into her hot, slick depths. He couldn’t get the feel of her out of his thoughts; it was branded on him, like the smell of her skin and the sound of her calling his name in the throes of her orgasm. She was open and uninhibited, aroused by his body the way he was hers.

She’d almost driven him over the edge when she took the full length of his arousal into her velvety mouth. He planned to take it slow until that moment, when her teeth brushed the head of his penis. She also gave him an idea, one he hoped to try when she woke.

Akkadi shifted against her, the firm rounds of her butt pressed against his arousal. He resisted the urge to sink it between her cheeks to the moist, tight sheathe he knew was waiting for him.

What happened to you?

He hadn’t been able to answer. Aware of his emotions, he wasn’t ready to talk about them or what it meant now that he’d made her a legitimate consort. It meant he’d have to tell her about Hichele.

It meant he only had three months of Mandy in his bed before he had to give her – and the sense of peace at his core – up forever. He ignored the small instinct that told him three months wasn’t enough time and that it was impossible to tire of someone who consumed him the way she did.

She stirred. Akkadi propped his head up on his hand, wanting to see her wake up. Her eyes fluttered open, her body losing the limpness of sleep. She shifted to see him, her smile open and her gaze artless and beautiful. She glowed from his lovemaking.

He touched her face tenderly.

“Hey,” she murmured.

“How are you?” he asked, kissing her shoulder. Even the taste of her skin was intoxicating.

“A little tired from the damn healers. But thrilled to see you.”

“Healers?” he echoed.

At her silence, he looked at her.

“Yeah. It was nothing. I just tripped,” she said, glancing away.

As if not wanting him to pursue, she twisted in his grip until she was able to take his hands in her face. She kissed him long and slow, her desire clear.