Chapter 6

It was early in the morning, first light. I was wearing my white dress and my silk white hooded cloak with my father's seal as the buckle. I was following the Jailer, I had asked to see Robin, as we past his cell. I paused as we shared an exchange before I walked into a room where the prisoners could talk. The Jailer left before he came back and threw Robin into the room, as I pretended not to wince.

Robin stumbled before readjusting his shirt before he looked at me slightly confused. He frowned before I saw his eyes grow worried as I sighed rolling my eyes.

"Where is it?" I asked him plainly as he frowned at me wondering what on earth I was talking about.

"Where is what?" He asked annoyed.

"Please, the ring my father gave you years ago before he knew the wickedness of your heart." I told him as I used my eyes to show in the direction of the Jailer, as Robin stood with his cuffed hands resting on his hips as he tried hard not to chuckle.

"Madam, I told you before, asking doesn’t usually work. Although it’s done. " The Jailer informed me as I scowled slightly as the Jailer went to the wall to retrieve weapons of torture.

"Will those work?" I questioned as I could see Robin shift uncomfortably.

"These? They’re lovely." The Jailer spoke with admiration as I growled on the inside.

"When he speaks, will you hear?" I questioned as the Jailor just frowned and nodded and he walked towards me.

"Well, of course." He stated as if it was obvious.

"That I cannot allow. You might get there first and steal the ring." I told him as I looked back at Robin as he registered what it was I am doing.

"Madam, I can assure you, I am a man of simple pleasures. Inflicting pain, that’s enough for me." He promised as we both looked at Robin, who just glared at him. I gave a chuckle before I turned back to the annoying Jailer.

"Maybe, but if the ring is not where he tells me, suspicion will fall on you and that would be unfair. I will speak with him alone first, you may go." I told him as he looked speechless that I was requesting to talk to Robin alone. I don’t think he has had many or any people ask him of this request.

"I can’t do that." He stated simply.

"Wait outside. He cannot escape, and he will not dare attack me." I promised as I knew that Robin was smirking at me.

"No, I…"

"Leave." I ordered sharply. I was getting impatient of being Mr. Nice Guy and he could see that as he sighed and glared at Robin.

"yes, your ladyship." He bowed slightly looking back at Robin once more before he locked the door behind him. When the door was locked I waited a few seconds before I embraced Robin in a tight hug.