Chapter 81

- Chapter 81 -

"JOHN NO!" I heard Tuck shout out. Before I had any time to realize what was happening I felt a rough hand grab hold of the back of my cloak before I quickly was thrown to the ground. I let out a harsh grunt as I glanced up to see him about to knock my out with his staff as I moved my head to the right to see his staff dig into the ground where my head had just been.

Giving him a soft kick to cause him to stumble it provided me with enough time to leap back up to my feet and hold my hands up to him. As the fight was beginning to start the villagers had all run and hidden inside their homes, which made me a bit happier to think they won't find out my secret. I knew I would have to tell them; otherwise I will probably not get out of this.

"John don't be hasty" I spoke slowly as he growled and leaped at me as I jumped back and dodged his attempts, it didn't help when the others leaped into action and encircled me. Allan went to grab my arm but I was quick to get out from his grip before I turned to see Much's sword at my throat before I stopped and held my hands up.

"Wouldn't you like to see the face your killing?" I asked them my voice still disguised as Much glanced at John who nodded. I slowly removed my mask and let it fall to the ground before I very slowly lowered my hood. I watched as their faces froze with shock as Much's sword dropped down to the ground.

"Esme" Much asked as I gave him a small smile. I could see they were all shocked and struggling to comprehend what was happening and how I was alive. I ran up too Much and hugged him tightly as he was stunned and stumbled back before he laughed and spun me around laughing as the rest of the gang soon entangled into a massive group hug.

"Guys! It's too hot for this!" I complain as they let me go. Tears were in their eyes and mine as well as John cried happily and spun me around as I chuckled.

"But why......Prince John....what...I" Much struggled to ask as I smiled sadly and grabbed hold of my mask and fastened it back around my face.

"I'll promise to explain everything later. But until then you must promise not to let Robin or Guy know I am alive. No one must know!"" I inform as I saw they were all hesitant before the nodded and agreed. I was worried because I knew that Much could never keep a secret especially if it's against Robin, but I had to hope the others kept him in line.

Quickly mounting my horse I raced back to Nottingham only to find that the Prince was sitting on his throne thinking out loud, unaware that I was currently listening in on his private conversation.

"It's a fine line, isn't it, between love and hate? Two sides of the same coin, really. Maybe they need to truly hate me before they can understand how to truly love me." He sighed before I made myself known by walking in and bowing before I glanced around and noticed that Guy wasn't here as I paused.

"Gisborne?" I questioned as the Prince chuckled darkly making me freeze.

"He's gone to execute his traitorous sister in Sherwood. She was in league with Hood." He informed me before I gulped and nodded and bowed to leave before I quickly raced back down to the courtyard. I saw that the stable boy hadn't taken away my horse yet as I quickly snatched the reins from his hands and galloped towards the forest.

I knew this was a lost hope trying to find Guy, I had no idea where to even begin looking! I thought back to all the times where I would meet Robin in the woods and wondered if he used them as a meeting point with Isabella. Shrugging my shoulders I knew I had nothing to lose by trying and I urged my horse west.

Constantly surveying the woods around me I soon found a tree with broken rope at it's trunk as I growled knowing I had just missed him. Glancing at the tracks Guy made when he ran from here I knew that he was heading back in the direction of the castle. Pushing my horse forward I didn't stop for a breath of air until I was back into the castle hearing Guy's shouts faintly throughout the castle. Soldiers were heading in the direction of the dungeons.