His Mercy

His Mercy

I knock on the Jacksons oak door, a small smile placed on my lips when a beautiful thought of Michael comes into mind, wondering what on earth he'll be up to today for some reason. I'm planning on taking him out with me to perhaps a restaurant or a small amusement park, somewhere we can be alone and discuss things together-I believe we need that precious time and to cherish it completely.

The door slowly opens, revealing Tito, who looks extremely fatigued and very saddened by the look of his strained eyes. My smile is immediately turned into a frown when I lay eyes on him, curious to see what has happened. It hurts to see him in this state, now knowing we have established our friendship that should have been fulfilled long ago but was delayed by his stubbornness and our arguments, knowing there is something clearly wrong with him.

"Toriano..." I trail off, a deepening furrow playing across my eyebrows. "What's wrong...can I come in?"

His eyes stare into mine for a couple of seconds before he removes himself out of the brief trance, nodding his head as he widens the door, in order to make space for me to enter in the house. I follow his steps all the way to the living room, completely coming across as disorderly as I attempt to figure out of what may be going on, resulting in my heart jolting instantly when a horrifying thought briefly enters my mind though I know for sure it won't come to reality so I force it away.

He rubs his hands over his face, taking a deep breath in before beginning. "Our Grandma, from Katherine's side, had..she-s-she had a heart attack on her way here."

Immediately, I feel the alarming sensation of my heartbeat coming to an unexpected, brief stop, saddened at his news, knowing how much this will affect the whole Jackson family and how I was curious to meet her. Not at all do they deserve this; this is so upsetting and I can't comprehend every single emotion Toriano and the whole members must be feeling right at this moment. As soon as he mentioned their Grandma, I thought to where Michael shortly gave me information about her and how she infrequently visited meaning that the family, including him definitely, must have been absolutely heartbroken after being enlightened by news that she was coming over.

"I'm so, so sorry," I murmur indistinctly, slowly being shocked at the words I have received, rubbing the small curve of his shoulder, in hopes to assure the pain he is currently and blatantly feeling. Clearing my throat, I continue my sentence with much hesitance. "Is she...i-is she-"

Tito frantically shakes his head, sniffing quietly. "No, she's in critical condition. I just came back from the hospital with Michael. The rest still remain there."

My heart leaps hearing Michael's name; I desire to know of how he has dealt with this unbearable, horribly anticipating situation of his true, loved relative. He seemed so emotional when he spoke about his Grandma and I need to know what has consisted of his handling and if he is okay.

"Is Michael alright?" I question, swallowing in fear. The glimpse of this situation damaging him has gotten me incredibly scared for the well being of a man I love unconditionally no matter what occurs out of the blue.

Tito shakes his head slowly, smoothing his loose trousers. A desolated exhale emits from his mouth. "He hasn't taken this in the best way."

"Can I see him?" I inquire, raising from my seat. He nods, informing me that he is in a quite sad position; I hold back tears, my heart aching to get a glimpse of his precious self and attempt to cure his everlasting sadness that I hope to partially take away.

-

I enter his room, immediately feeling melancholic at the complete darkness of the ambience, the only illumination is the small rays of light seeping into the window. He is sat on his chair, a hand rested on his chin as he gazes out of the window, doe eyes glistening in an emotion of sadness, body limp and numb. I see his thick mass of curls, briefly thinking of how sweet he looks but already knowing that this moment isn't so sweet at all.