Her Assumptions

-Media photo is of Jamila and Michael several years ago. ♡

Her Assumptions

Eventually, we arrived three days later at the Jacksons house, where Rebbie had secretly let us know it was where Jamila's thirty-third birthday party was taking place. I had been quite reluctant to attend but with a little heartfelt persuasion from Michael, a final decision had been made to go. It was beautiful being able to spend time alone with him, despite being away for a short duration, I found myself adoring the situation and it made our bond stronger too. It was also an opportunity to know that we were together and we could also have the idea of special love between us without anyone telling us our love was forbidden.

-

"Temper, temper!" Randy calls immaturely, well for his age, when we slowly enter into the Jacksons house. I don't succeed in portraying how irked I really am-I'm grateful that Randy broke the deadly silence though unfortunately not the intent, intimidating stares.

"You decided to show up," Joseph says a little sarcastically, his fury coated tone causing all of the playful noise to die out at once. I see that my father nor my mother are here and a exhale of relief emits from my mouth.

"Temper! Temper!" Randy repeats again, resulting him in receiving scolding slaps and loud guffaws from his older brothers. I struggle to stifle my giggles at his brothers hitting Randy and neither can Michael but we manage to calm the hyperactive fit.

"Randy, stop it," Katherine strictly says, her eyes glancing over to us. Pursuing her burgundy lips, she slowly turns away, her gaze now on her lap.

"Temper, temper!" Janet bursts out, her hand clamping over her mouth to stop from exploding into an abrupt attack of giggles. Michael's hand links around mine in assurance. I have a feeling how this label came around. I'm uncertain though. Sadness is washing over me but I succeed in not showing it. All that is on my face is a confused expression.

"Crazy temper!" Latoya suddenly says, and all of the Jackson siblings erupt in laughter including Katherine and Joseph which surprises me a little as they are ones who are known for scolding and turning us into mature adults. I notice Jamila sitting next to Jackie, whose arm is slung around her shoulder. She's laughing too and when her eyes lock onto mine it's only for a few seconds and she turns back to Jackie, still laughing as if I don't even matter. Fury rises inside me and I feel that I cannot control my feelings until Rebbie cuts in-the only sibling who is not laughing.

"You guys are so insensitive! Including you, Mother and Father!" Rebbie scolds, her serious demeanour leaving her siblings and parents mute, getting up to make her way over to me. With a sympathetic smile on her face, she links an arm through mine and whispers.

"Katherine, being the idiot she is, at times, told us what happened when you two left-you know, being violent towards Jamila. My siblings have been really stupid about it lately. Don't worry, I'm not judging you at all since there is no full story to it and I know you too well. Can I speak to you somewhere else?" she asks softly, her beautiful smile shining in the soft, scintillating light.

I nod, giving Michael's hand a light caress before separating the strong link, and allow her to lead the way to somewhere away from the uncomfortable commotion.

-
I've practically found myself confessing to Rebbie everything that has happened recently and currently in my hectic life. I am partially unsure why. During my childhood, she represented a mother and sister combined into a whole. And I guess I still see her as that.

"When Katherine told us about what happened they seemed to be a little sympathetic. But knowing Randy, he happened to bring up the incident with Tito and that's where the teasing started. Just ignore them. They are truly being childish," Rebbie shakes her head, her information filling in the void spaces of my inquiry and curiosity.