Her Star

Her Star

"Nadia..." his angelic voice slowly brings me out of my comfortable sleep that I wish to be a part of for as long as I live. This beautiful, magnificent bed has aided with the gradual healing of an injured shoulder and I'm very grateful for it. I feel like I've been enveloped in clouds, the covers are so large, they seem so fluffy, and bouncy along with the mattress that is so soft, warm beneath my back.

I want to stay here.

"I'm awake...I'm listening, I promise," I mumble effortlessly, my mouth gently pressed against the satin pillow. My arm, which is asleep, reaches out to touch his hand but ends up exploring his curls and face. His adorable giggles are heard and continuously fill the air. He sneakily and cheekily bites down on the skin of my palm; I sleepily yelp and sling my arm around his shoulder, not ready to open my eyes to the bright, destructive world.

"Nadia...come on. Look at me," he urges in a more firm tone, gently shaking me.

"Michael...hm?" I fully open my fatigued eyes, rubbing the sleep away. When I raise from the bed he places his fingertips on my chin, pressing his lips against mine-it's as if he's reading my mind. A kiss from him just when you've properly woken up from a deep, cosy sleep is just everything you could ask for.

"Do you know what time it is?" he chuckles softly against my lips, turning my head to the window. I squint my eyes at the slight intensity of the brightness, turning my face to his own.

"No. Eight in the morning?" I exasperate, tiredly gazing into his sparkling, brown eyes.

"It's nearly one," he laughs at his confession, obviously waiting for my reaction.

"Are you being serious?" I squeak, subconsciously smacking my hands onto his knees.

"Yes!" he stifles his giggles. "I've been trying to wake you up for so long!"

"You're already dressed!" I say, shocked,giving him a light slap across his face. I study his attire, which consists of an azure coloured t-shirt and dark, straight jeans.It gives him a casual appearance yet he seems to look so handsomely smart. "What about my parents? Mostly yours?"

I reside with my older sister called Jamila, who is currently recovering from her boyfriend's death. He was named Thomas and he was a very friendly person who I easily got on with from the first day I met him in my younger years. A year later, he had been involved in an accident. He was hit by a bus-witnesses said that he hadn't been paying attention while he was crossing; he was in a rush to get somewhere. And the CCTV camera proved it to be completely true.

The thing was, the reason he had been in a rush was that he wanted to propose to Jamila. It was found that Thomas had been in a phone conversation with my father, about the actual proposal. In addition, they found an engagement ring in his briefcase which was intended to be shown to Jamila-perhaps now they would have been a happily wed couple.

Sometimes I do cry, but with Michael's aid, I was and still am alright.

"Jamila covered for us. She told my parents and yours that we went to the amusement park," Michael tells me, a broad smile on his face.

Thank god for Jamila.

"But...do my parents know about what happened between us?" I ask reluctantly, not wanting memories of what happened after that day.

He sighs, a small smile spreading across his lips. "Jamilla called me. My parents spoke to Jamila, fortunately. Perhaps they thought that she was old enough and mature to 'understand' this situation. But Jamila, told me not to worry-she knew we hadn't done any wrong. I'll drive you back to her home and you can discuss this with her."