Her Sweet Melody

Her Sweet Melody

Simultaneously, we arouse from our deep sleep relieved at the cool air that seeps in through the window from the dark, sparkling, starry night. I find that my lower back is laid on the side of his stomach. Eyes successfully adjusting to the comforting dark, I smile at the touch of his slender fingers carefully playing with pieces of my hair. Taking in the peaceful mood and affectionate aura into my soul, I then shift around on the bed to face him. A wry smile is merely stretched on his face as he strokes my cheek with his palm.

"Are you feeling any better?" he asks softly, placing a hand on my hip, pressing his chest onto mine. I feel his warmth hit against my skin and it doesn't make me require the coolness of the wind to increase. His warmth of temperature is not uncomfortable; it's just beautiful. As he patiently waits for my answer, innocently assuming that the incident has gotten me a little upset, he tenderly kisses the curve of my shoulder, leaving hot exhales on my skin as his lips move upwards.

"Michael..." I manage to say in a small murmur, my eyes closing at his sweet kisses and touches. He whispers a collection of beautiful endearments in my ear, his lips merely grazing the outline of my earlobe. I'm trying to get an answer out of my open mouth but his affection is amazing me and also somehow taking me by surprise-I don't know why.

"You didn't tell me if you were feeling any better," he laughs, a mocking smile on his face. My arms wrap around his neck to bring him in for a kiss and when we do, I lightly slap his arm as he knows he is the reason why I was struggling to give my answer.

"I'm feeling a little bit better. Are you?" I question, shaking my head at his playful, also mentioning sweet, behaviour. Our special moment of true love being shared recently is still remembered and kept as a sacred memory. He wanted me to forget all the sadness, lingering melancholia and pain that we both experienced recently and in the far past through his want of making love. And through my returning of his magnificent love, he wished to forget it too.

He nods, gently resting his hands upon the centre of my back. Somehow, a flutter has settled in my chest causing me to sigh out in exhaustion. He knows that I've somewhat become hesitant for no reason whatsoever and begins to kiss my burning skin, his mouth now covering mine. My hands caress his face in a swift, careful motion. When I press my head against his, his fingers wrap around my wrist. He pulls my hand and places it on his chest.

His heartbeat is racing and it makes me wonder if I'm the cause of it.

Hands touching the back of his neck, I find myself giving him the most intense, deepest kiss that he has ever received and that I have ever given. I want him to know that he can accept and know that my love can comfort his worries.

You don't know what you do to me.

My heart will always be with his; for eternity. No matter what happens in this life, I will always love Michael.

And he'll always love me.

-
I walk down the stairs with my hand linked in Michael's from behind, feeling refreshed by a peaceful sleep despite the small effects of fatigue hitting me due to the intensity of the natural daylight. Once we are now off the stairs, I wrap my arms around his waist, cuddling close to him, happy that this is an empty house and we are able to spend time together alone.

When we reach the door frame, he places his hands on my waist and tilts my chin upwards, gently kissing me. Even though the kiss is light and sweet, it brings back abundant amount of memories of us being in situations of sharing and confessing love. I loosely wrap my arms around his neck, feeling his palms on my waist, wanting our kiss to deepen.

But we abruptly pull away when a cough fills the air.

There stands my sister Jamila, whose eyes are intent upon us, leaving the slight amount of discomfort and peculiar curiosity to run through me; it seems that she's frowning but the smallest of smirks appears on her lips.