Chapter 15 (FINAL CHAPTER)

*Saffron's POV*

At first, I woke up in a state of confusion, where was I? I was lying on a large, soft, plush brown leather sofa. Then I remembered. I was at Nathan and Jay's flat. Had I really slept the night here? I wondered as I sat up. Then memories of yesterday came flooding back as I smiled. Just then Nathan walked in with a cup of tea in his hands and a big fat grin,

"Mornin'," he said cheerfully, winking at me,

"Good morning," I replied back,

"You looked so peaceful while you were asleep last night, I-I didn't want to wake you up and tell you to go home, so I um, just let you sleep on the sofa. I hope that was alright?" Nathan asked as he sat down beside me,

"That's more than alright, thank you," I said,

"Your clothes from yesterday are over there," Nathan said, pointing towards a neatly folded pile on the footstool, "I washed and dried them for you, so they're not soaking wet anymore or crumpled,"

"Aww thank you, you didn't have to do that Nathan!"

"'Course I did," he replied, "you can go and get changed now if you want? You can remember the way right?"

"Yep," I said, getting up off the sofa and picking up my clothes on the way out.

I changed quickly into my clothes and stuggled for a while trying to brush a comb through my tangled hair, eventually I gave up and just put it up in a bun like I would've done while at dance rehearsals.

I bounded down the stairs and eagerly into the kitchen, where the smell of baking was coming from.

"Whatcha making?" I asked Nathan from the doorway,

"Pancakes," he replied with a satisfied smile,

"Ooh!" I exclaimed happily, like a child.

We ate the pancakes together with gentle chit chat and many laughs. Nathan, like a gentleman, cleared my plate away for me, then we began to clear away the ingredients that had been left out while we'd eaten.

Afterwards, we spent a lazy morning together, then as afternoon rolled in we both realised something,

"Saff, we have a concert tonight,"

"Oh my god, yes you do!"

"I need to rehearse with the guys!"

"And I need to rehearse the dance routine!"

Then we both turned to each other and said in unison,

"We're late!"

We quickly scrambled everything we needed together then literally ran out the door, down the steps and along the road to the bus stop. People gave us some weird looks and a few groups of teenage girls came over and asked for some photos with Nathan, so I politely moved out of the way.

We came to the nearest stop to the concert venue and began sprinting towards it again. We burst into the empty stadium to find the band and the rest of the dancers, Tanya, Lara, Ellen, Alice and Grace, standing around together having a conversation. As Nathan and I entered noisily, they all turned to face us, amused expressions on their faces,

"Late?" Lara enquired, raising an eyebrow, but then she smiled to show she was teasing us,

"What have you two been doing?" Tom asked cheekily, causing both mine and Nathan's faces to blush,

"No! No! Its - Its not like that!" Nathan protested,

"Whatever," Jay muttered with a grin,

I caught Tanya's eyes as she winked at me, and I just shook my head.

The boys went off to their dressing room to discuss their set whilst I got to work with the girls. We were all pleased with our practise performance, it had gone very well.

We all took a light bite of lunch together, let it settle down and then practised once more.

Before I knew what was happening, time had passed so quickly, and suddenly I was waiting in the wings with my costume on, butterflies frantically flying around in my stomach.

The lights went up, and then we were on stage with The Wanted, and I was dancing my heart out like I'd never danced before. This was my dream, my everything. To feel the adrenalin pumping through me, and the roar and cheer of the crowds, the flashing lights a blur and the music pulsing in the air, making my body move to the rhythm and the beat.

I wasn't on for the whole set of songs, which was probably good because after I finished my last dance, my legs felt numb, I'm not sure whether I'd over worked them or if it was just excitement.

The girls and I stood in the wings again, waiting for the guys to finish their last song. They took a bow together, which made my heart warm. The chemistry they had together was incredible.

"Now," Nathan said into his microphone, slightly breathless, "I'd like to welcome back our dancers, so that they can get a proper farewell and applause too,"

All five boys gestured to where we were standing, and as we ran out they called our names,

"Lara!"

"Ellen!"

"Grace!"

"Alice!"

"Tanya!"

"And Saffron!"

I came out last and joined the long chain we'd made along the stage, standing right beside Nathan, holding his hand like the other girls were doing with the boys. We all took one big bow together, to hear the cheers and claps and whistles from the crowd was one of the most exhilarating, amazing moments of my life.

Then, as we all stood up, Nathan turned to me and looked at me with his mesmerising green eyes, which were alight with happiness and excitement, I could see my large brown eyes reflected back in them.

Without choreographing it or knowing it was going to happen, we both crashed into each others arms, forgetting for a moment that the crowd was there, forgetting that anything and everything existed, because just then, it was just Nathan and I,  together. His arms around my small back and mine around his strong shoulders.

Nathan put his lips beside my ear and whispered quite simply,

"I love you,"

And then our lips brushed together quickly in the swiftest of kisses. As we pulled away, Nathan asked with a smile,

"May I have this last dance?"

Smiling warmly, I replied with, "It would be my pleasure,"

And then we collided together again into one another's arms, in such a way that a ballet dancer would run into her partner's arms in a dance show, full of passion and emotion and warmth.

And with the lights flashing brightly and the crowd roaring noisily, everyone else on the stage, Jay, Tom, Siva, Max, Tanya, Ellen, Lara, Alice and Grace, they all came over to us at once, and joined in an embrace, in a big group hug, with Nathan and I in the middle.

I looked around me happily, I was surrounded by lovely, funny, inspiring, talented, amazing people, who I knew would stay in my life and my memories forever.

What more could I ask for in life?

In that moment, I had never felt more content.

THE END

 A/N: so that's the end of The Last Dance! Did you like it? I hope so anyway... Thank you so so SO much for reading this and all of your lovely comments have been AMAZING! If you liked this story, maybe you know other people who would enjoy it as well...? Or if you've enjoyed this, you could check out my other The Wanted fanfic...? Anyway just thank you thank you thank you for ALL of the reads, comments, and votes, you guys are da best :P