Chapter 4

**Saffron's POV**

I stood there in shock and disbelief, had that really happened? I felt my cheeks flush slightly pink with embarrassment and then I looked up into Jay's piercing blue eyes. He looked worried, really worried, and his hands were clasped nervously behind his back. I could tell that it had taken a lot for him to pluck up the courage to ask me this. I thought I was .going to say no, but then something stopped me, Jay really was beautiful and super nice as well, funny, charming, kind, thoughtful, just an all-round good guy. I looked at him and realised he was waiting awkwardly for me to answer him,

"Alright," I said gently with a tentative smile, it was then when his face broke into a smile brighter than the sun that I knew I'd done the right thing. But the right thing for me, or the right thing for Jay? That was the question pondering my mind. Before I could say anything else though, Jay pulled me in for a crushing bear hug.

"I've got to go and record some songs with the rest of the lads, but I'll be back soon and I'll see you later!" Jay finished with a little wink and then bounded happily off towards the end of the room. I sighed as I watched him go, yes I did like him, and he made me feel special, but I had a horrible feeling that I was just leading him on, and I didn't want to disappoint him or hurt him. Just get through today, I told myself fiercly, and then maybe after a good night's sleep all of this will make a bit more sense.

**Nathan's POV**

Jay literally bounced into the recording studio, and opened the door with such force that I thought it was going to fly off its hinges. I looked up in bewilderment, and found him standing there with a smile as bright the sun.

"Someone looks happy," I stated, setting my cup of tea down on the table next to where Tom and I were sitting.

"That's because I am," Jay replied,

"So what's sparked this sudden outburst of happiness then?" Siva questioned, but before Jay could answer, Max burst in on us, glanced at Jay and then said,

"So did you do it?"

"Yes!" Jay responded eagerly and I could hear the glee in his tone,

"DO WHAT?!" Siva, Tom and I all shouted irritably, confused beyond belief.

"Ask out Saffron," Max told us, "and I'm guessing by the look of triumph on his face that everything went well and she said yes," Jay nodded his head in agreement.

"Aww well done!" Siva congratulated him,

"Good on ya mate!" Tom said, getting up and patting Jay on the back.

"Good job Jay," I said to him with a smile, although it was a weak smile. Ever since Max had said the words: Ask out Safffron, my body had felt numb. I didn't even know why. It's not like I love her too, is it? I like Jenny, don't I? But some uncertainty and doubt was beginning to creep into my mind. I tried to push it into the far corner of my mind but it was hard.

After the recording session, Jay came up to me,

"You alright Nathan? You've been really quiet all day, you haven't been yourself." He looked worried. God had I really been that obvious?

"Yeah yeah I'm fine," I replied putting on a smile.

"No you're not." Jay told me, "I know what's wrong," that sent a sudden strike of panic slicing through my heart, did he really know?

"It's that girl you met the other night isn't it?"

"Wh-what?" I asked in a state of utter confusion,

"You know, the one you met the other night? What was her name again? Jenny?"

"Yeah, but what about her?"

"Uh everything! You wouldn't shut up about her the other day!"

"But why are you talking to me about her?"

"Because, it's kinda quite clear that you like her," Jay said, rolling his eyes at me with a grin,

"Annddd....?" I questioned, still not sure where this conversation was going,

"And ask her out already! Geez Nathan you're being really thick," Jay joked, "I know what the problem is though, you don't want some of the fans to get mad if you have a girlfriend or send her hate, but you can't hide away forever you know." Jay finished, getting up to walk away. Once he'd gone, I sat in thought for a while. I did like Saff, but I also liked Jenny too. And anyway, Saff was Jay's girl now, and maybe it wouldn't hurt for me to try and work something out with Jenny. She was really nice, and pretty too. And maybe she could help me distract and get over Saffron. Maybe things would be ok. That was a lot of maybe's I thought to myself, but maybe was all I had.

A/N: please comment/vote - all feedback is greatly appreciated haha! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry I took so long to update it!