Chapter 13

**Saff's POV**

Nathan and I headed back to his and Jay's flat, hopefully I'd make better memories there than last time. But I had a good feeling that everything was finally going to be ok. We laughed and joked together the whole way back. It was just like old times when we were friends before, except it did feel different now. But different in an amazingly good way. We arrived back at the apartment, the snow had kept falling from the sky and by now a thick carpet of white was lying gently on the ground. I tentatively stepped out of the car onto the snow, and moved slowly as to try and not let it spill over the edges of my flat shoes. Nathan made his way round towards me,

"You ok?" He asked, watching me carefully place one foot in front of the other, watching my step,

"Yep," I replied, "but I don't want to ruin the ground. It looks so pretty with the snow lying still on it. Snow is so magical." I breathed quietly.

Before I knew what was happening, Nathan had scooped me up, bridal style, and was carrying me towards the door,

"Well now there just needs to be one set of footsteps," he said quietly, with a sweet smile, We reached the front door and Nathan set me down on my own two feet again. I looked up at him, his green eyes sparkling, small snowflakes mingling in his brown hair and his eyelashes, some of them already melted and causing rivulets of water to run down his face, and some of them still solid, resting on his hair like a crown.

"I love you," he whispered gently under his breath, and leaned down and pressed his lips against mine in a kiss. I felt ecstatic, giddy, like I was flying on top of the world. We both broke away, reluctantly, and headed inside.

I wasn't expecting to see the rest of the band there as well along with Tanya. It was nice to see them all again. Jenny was there too, and so were Tom and Siva's girlfriend's, Kelsey and Nareesha. I'd met them previously before and they were lovely girls.

"Hey guys," Siva called out cheerily, waving to us from the sofa with one arm while the other was wrapped around Nareesha.

"Hiya," we called back in unision, not meaning to, and looking and each other and laughing,

"Aww," I heard someone say, I'm pretty sure it was Kelsey because she gave me a massive smile afterwards.

"You alright now Saff?" Tom asked,

"Yeah I'm fine now thanks," I replied with a smile,

"So what are we all doing?" Nathan asked everyone,

"Bird wants to go sledging," Max explained,

"Its perfect conditions for it!" Jay said from across the room,

Nathan looked at me with an eyebrow raised,

"You want to give it a go?"

"Sure!" I replied enthusiastically, "Why not?"

"Woo!" I heard Jay exclaim, I couldn't help but not smile.

All of us headed out into the chilly afternoon air, we stopped by a little corner shop by the road to buy some cheap plastic sledges, and then we took a long walk up to the top of a hill, which I was told was "perfect for sledging."

And it really was. There was a long, steep slope which ran down the hill with no trees or rocks in sight so we wouldn't have to worry aboout steering our way out of anything in our path.

"Come on then!" Nathan shouted with excitement in his voice, taking my gloved hand and running with me and one of the sledges towards the center of the hill.

"Ok then, sit down," he tells me, and I do.

"No, no, in the front of the sledge." So I position myself at the front and wait as he climbs in behind me, placing his arms around my middle and holding on to me.

"Wait! Nath! What are you doing?" I shriek, but with excitement catching in my voice,

"You didn't think you were doing this alone did you? We're going down together!"

"Are you guys ready?" I hear Max call from behind,

"Wait-what-" I begin, but by then it's too late,

"Three...Two...One..." Max counts down,

"No-I- AHHHHH!!!" I scream as the sledge begins to shudder down the hill, slowly at first but picking up more and more speed as we travel further and further.

But I'm screaming with excitement. Nathan's arms are wrapped tightly around me, his head resting against my back, and I can hear him laughing uncontrollably behind me - and I'm laughing too. We're coming towards the end of the slope but we're not slowing down.

All of a sudden we hit and unexpected icy lump hidden underneath the snow. The sledge tips over and Nathan and I fall out onto the white landscape, I end up on top of Nathan's chest, still giggling. I move to get off him, but he holds me down with him which makes me laugh even more,

"Your laugh is really cute," he tells me, and steals a quick kiss on to the tip of my cold nose, snow caked into our hair. But just then, at that moment, I don't feel cold. That kiss lit up my whole body and I felt like I was burning, burning with a desire for more of Nathan.

We spend the best part of an hour sledging down the hill, until when Nathan and I decide to go together again, and Max and Tom wait at the bottom of the hill for us. We slide to a stop, we've managed to steer clear of all the lumps and also master the technique of staying on the sledge. Nathan and I are still giggling when BAM!

A snowball, thrown by Max, flies over the top of my head, neatly skimming my hair, and lands right in the middle of his face. I turn around and can't help myself but laugh at the sight of him, and his bewildered, shocked and momentarily angry expression. But my laughter was short lived as BAM! Another snowball, thrown expertly by Tom, hits me in the face,

"You little bastards," Nathan says, grinning, pulling me up and brushing the snow out of my tangled brown hair, "right, lets get them." He whispers in my ear.

We both scoop up handfuls of snow and the expressions of glee on Tom and Max's faces vanish,

"Oh shit," Tom exclaims, laughing,

"RUN!" Max shouts and they try hopelessly to run up the hill. But due to the nature of the slope and also the deep snow, they don't make it very far.

With battle-like cries, Nathan and I link arms and charge towards them and bombard them with snowballs.

"Who's laughing now?" Nathan asks with a smirk,

"Alright...alright, stop...please," Tom begs, his dark hair encrusted with the snow and clumps of it embedded into Max's woolly hat. So we retaliate, only to have Jay, Jenny, Siva, Nareesha, Tanya and Kelsey run down to us, with Jay in the lead shouting,

"EVERYONE GET SAFFTHAN!"

"Saffthan? Who's Saf-" but before I can finish Nathan grabs me by the arm as I realise Saffthan is us, and we run like the wind away from everyone. But, as proved by Tom and Max, running in deep snow is particularly difficult, and we don't make it very far until we're struck down by an ambush of snowballs.

The next quarter of an hour is made up of an extremely intense snowball fight, which is basically Nathan and I against everyone else. When we're all soaked and frozen to the bone, we decide to make a truce and go back to the flat.

I'm so lucky, I think quietly to myself, as Nathan puts his arm around my shoulders and we walk back down the hill, our feet crunching icily along the ground, leaving a trail of footsteps behind us, but which are soon to be filled in again with the ever-steady, oncoming snow storm, covering our tracks, making it look as if the world has been left silent and untouched.

comment~vote~share

sorry for the delayed chapter, its kinda hard trying to write two fanfics at once haha x